Okinawan Masters to New England!

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Subject: Okinawan Masters in May Tour
Date: Sun, Dec 13, 1998, 8:33 PM

I have a final roster of the teachers that will be coming to the USA to teach.

1. Shuguro Nakazato, 10th Dan, Shorin Kan Shorin Ryu

2.Tsutomu Nahahodo, 10th Dan Shohei Ryu (Uechi Ryu)

3. Morio Higaonna, 9th Dan, Goju Ryu

4. Zenpo Shimabukuro, 9th Dan Seibukan Shorin Ryu

5. Tsuyoshi Ueuchi , 7th Dan, Isshin Ryu

6.Buntoku Ifuku , 8th Dan Shorin Kan Shorin Ryu to teach Kobudo

The first seminar will be held in Atlanta on May 8th. Contact Dan Smith for further information.

The second seminar will be held in Boston on May 9th in Boston, (May 10th in New Hampshire and morning session only on May 11 in Conn)hosted by George Mattson. Please contact Mr. Mattson for further information.

We currently have open dates during the week of of May 12th for through Thursday May 14th for seminars. If anyone is interested in being a city sponsor please contact Dan Smith asap. We have several other tenative dates lined up. I am looking for somone in the Los Angeles area.

The seminar will finish in the San Francisco area on May 16th with Jim Mather being the host. For information on this date and time please contact Mr.Mather.

The seminar will be a one day seminar in each city. Each teacher will teach a two segments that you can choose from. We have scheduled the seminars so that you can train with at least five of the teachers during the day. The cost of the seminar is $95 per person in advance and $115 at the time of the seminar.

The purpose of the tour is to promote the Okinawan karate/Kobudo Rengokai's the First World Traditional Okinawa Karate-Do and Kobudo Tournament to be held in Naha Okinawa in August of 1999.

This tour can be an epic event due to the high caliber of teachers coming from each ryu ha. The Okinawan people want to share their art with the world and since most people cannot go to Okinawa they are coming to us. Please help me support this group and show them how much interest there is in the USA for traditional Okinawan Karate.

Dan Smith

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited 12-15-98).]
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Sensei Mattson,

Does this mean Sensei Tomoyose will not be making it to the seminar? Also, can any rank go to the seminar?

Scott
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

To Scott: Like the camp, there will be activities for all ranks and styles. I don't believe anything will be taught that requires prior knowledge or rank. However, I'm positive, time will be reserved for advanced training in specific styles. Unfortunately, Mr. Tomoyose wasn't able to make it. Nakahodo Sensei is one of the most gifted martial artist in the world and in my estimation, a "living treasure" in the Uechi/Shohei world. If you've never been to one of his classes, don't miss this opportunity. I know everyone who has had the priviledge of meeting him before, will not miss this session.

To Tracy: I'm working on May 9th, 10th and 11th scheduling this week. I'm trying to include food with the program, and of course we should include a party following the Sunday's session. Once I know the specifics, I'll announce it here.

Thanks for your questions and comments.

George
T Rose

Post by T Rose »

Morning Sensie Mattson,

Can we preregister with you?

thanks
tracy
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I've created a website containing up to date information regarding the May 9th Okinawan Master's Seminar:

http://uechi-ryu.com/iukf/okinawan_master_tour.htm

------------------
GEM

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited 01-15-99).]

Return to “Events, Products & Services”