Last Call

Free listing of Events, Tournaments, Seminars & Products RELATING to the Martial Arts.

Moderator: gmattson

Evan Pantazi

Last Call

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Sorry I figured this would get more people's attention.

No this is last call for a great Seminar and Awards banquet on Saturday November 13th. See: www.erols.com/kyusho/events.htm Mattson Sensei will be one of the Award recipients!

But your time is almost out. The banquet must be set (Headcount must be in...we don't want an angry chef), by November 1st. So your deadline to register is Saturday October 30th.

By the way it's almost capacity now 115 preregistered and still one month before seminar.

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
gjkhoury

Last Call

Post by gjkhoury »

Dear Evan:

Don't forget to leave space for The Academy's Uechi demo team!!

Also, I'll get on the horn and make sure that some of our technologically impaired brethren know about the event!

See you there!

Gary & crew
Evan Pantazi

Last Call

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Gary San,

Just let me know how many of you there will be!

I just got word that an old Judo Instructor Shihan Bob Dickey has been added to the list of incredible talent already lined up! Professor Remy Presas was staying with an individual from Maine this past weekend and met Shihan Dickey. After saying he was one of the best technitions he'd seen, invited him to teach a portion of his own seminar.

Still thinking about whether or not to come?

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho

[This message has been edited by Evan Pantazi (edited 10-18-99).]
gmattson
Site Admin

Last Call

Post by gmattson »

Bob Dickey??? Is he the same person who was teaching Judo way back in the 50s? If so, I believe I may have met him at the Boston YMCA when I first started teaching.

Please post any info you might have on him.

------------------
GEM
Evan Pantazi

Last Call

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Sensei,

One in the same sir, I'll get more info.

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
gjkhoury

Last Call

Post by gjkhoury »

Neither of you will believe this, but I grew up one street away from Bob Dickey and his family in Salem, NH in the late 60's - early 70's!

I was too young to know more than just his reputation back then. It was just one word: AWESOME!!

GK
Evan Pantazi

Last Call

Post by Evan Pantazi »

68 already registered for the banquet the absolute last day for the Banquet is Saturday October 29th NO EXCEPTIONS!

For the seminar you can register by mail up to the same date and recieve the discount. After October 30th the price goes up and at the door it's even more. You will not be disapointed!!!

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
Evan Pantazi

Last Call

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Robert Dickey has been training in the martial arts for fifty five years.  He started training under his father who was a  lieutenant colonel in the US Marine corps.  He spent several years training in Japan as a young boy in Judo and Ju Jutsu.  He went on to compete with the Armed Forces Judo association.  He has taught numerous police forces around the US and has trained with riot squads including the Tokyo Metropolitan Police.  He has been a hand to hand combat instructor for the US Marine Corps as well as other military units.  He has spent his life working in law enforcement and security work.  He holds the rank of fourth degree black belt in Kodokan Judo and eight degree black belt in Ketsugo Ju Jutsu.  He is currently teaching ju jutsu at the downtown Boston YMCA.  He opened the first ju jutsu school in New England in downtown Boston. 

This was information from Shihan Dickey.

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho

Return to “Events, Products & Services”