Who's Teaching What?

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

david

Who's Teaching What?

Post by david »

I know GEM is busy and hasn't been able to post the instructors for this year's camp. I usually play it by ear about what classes to take. But I have two folks coming along, one for the first time. They would like to know what is being offered. Can folks who are teaching give a quick summary here. Appreciate it.

As usual, looking forward to the training and the comraderie.

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited 07-11-99).]
RACastanet

Who's Teaching What?

Post by RACastanet »

David: George has some of the classes posted along with a tentative schedule on the camp site. Looks a lot like last year with a few additions. I'll be following Raffi sensei and Evan sensei again this year. See you there.
Rich
mikemurphy

Who's Teaching What?

Post by mikemurphy »

David-san,

I'll be teaching bunkai presentation this year. In the past I taught Nihon Jujitsu and will do so again if the masses ask for it, but I will do the bunkai either way.

See you there!

Mike
david

Who's Teaching What?

Post by david »

Oops! How did I miss that?! Thanks, Rich. Mike san, bankai off any specific kata or in general from uechi-ryu? I am still interested in trying Nihon Jujitsu.

See you both there.

david
mikemurphy

Who's Teaching What?

Post by mikemurphy »

David,

Since I'm going to stress presentation first and foremost, the bunkai will be with Kanshiwa and Seisan; however, it makes no difference which kata is bunkai(ed). Anyway, time permitting, I would like to show some jujitsu applications with the bunkai as well.

As for the Nihon Jujitsu, I will bring the belt and gi in case Mattson Sensei wants me to teach something from that, but again, if you would like to go over some of it when you have some free time or come up to the dojo, I would be honored to help you out. As always, my dojo doors are open for people such as yourself.

yours in budo,

Mike
david

Who's Teaching What?

Post by david »

Mike san,

Again, am appreciative of your generousity. Hope Jim Deluca remembers to bring his mat. (Hey, Gary K can you find out?) A canvas tarp would keep it from getting too hot in the sun and making it useless in mid afternoon except for cooking eggs and the unwitting person. If so, I would love to do some work. I took a leave from the aikikai over a month ago. I miss the breakfalls. Image

david
Evan Pantazi

Who's Teaching What?

Post by Evan Pantazi »

David San,

I will be working a couple of segments with Sensei David Elkins on "Gock Ng Sing" a 5 part conditioning/offensive/defensive training drill, with Sensei teaching the moves and some applications (and how it relates to Uechi) and I will involve Kyusho in it (and also relate it to Uechi).

Other Segments will include Sanchin, Seisan, Kyusho and a Knife. And Kata Breakdown (Kyusho).

------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.erols.com/kyusho
david

Who's Teaching What?

Post by david »

Evan san,

Look forward to participating in some of your classes this year.

david

Return to “Fests_News”