High Gear Orders

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

High Gear Orders

Post by gmattson »

One way or another, our dojo will be getting two sets of High Gear from Tony Blauer. Tony promised us a nice discount if we ordered together and we purchased at least 20 sets.

Regardless of your affiliation or style, here is your chance to take your training to another level. Richard Castanet will be in charge of collecting the monies and placing the order for all of us.

While we are obtaining suits and experimenting with training and drills, perhaps it will be useful to establish a new forum with the focus on Realistic Training using the High Gear equipment. Watch for it later today!

------------------
GEM

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited August 17, 2000).]
mikemurphy

High Gear Orders

Post by mikemurphy »

Sensei,

I would love to get one or two of those suits, but they are a little out of my price range. Any suggestions??

mike
gmattson
Site Admin

High Gear Orders

Post by gmattson »

I'm hoping that my students will help me with the purchase of the equipment. After all, they will be using the equipment more than me. . . at least in the beginning. Image

Maybe establish a 'usage' fee for the equipment. $5 per session.

------------------
GEM
gjkhoury

High Gear Orders

Post by gjkhoury »

George-sensei:

Put us in for 2 suits, please.

By hook or crook, we're gearing up this Fall!

Gary
RACastanet

High Gear Orders

Post by RACastanet »

Hi all. We need to get a tally of all likely orders and some idea of the timing so I can go to Tony Blauer with a good estimate. The cost per suit will be based on the quantity. George sensei has promised Tony orders for at least 20 suits so lets get going. I'm in for one.

My email is UechiRich@aol.com. Drop me a note ASAP.

Regards, Rich
Van Canna

High Gear Orders

Post by Van Canna »

Glad to see such an interest in Tony’s “tuxedos” __ Image

Again, I think the gear is the modern way to go to measure the effectiveness and confidence of a karate-ka in a street tussle as opposed to a dojo dance.

I repeat that scenarios a la Tony Blauer plus the gear [not only the gear] should become mandatory for Dan testing within the IUKF format. It would make the average candidate really feel he earned his rank!

------------------
Van Canna
mikemurphy

High Gear Orders

Post by mikemurphy »

Van sensei,

I think that would be a great idea for the test. Let's make a component consisting of "realism" and see what the candidate can do. The suit will protect the attacker and the candidate will have to summon up all his/her training to deal with the attack.

I like it!!

Hey Rich,

Would Tony consider payment plans for suits??
It might be a way of getting the smaller dojo to purchase a suit or two.

mike
RACastanet

High Gear Orders

Post by RACastanet »

Once I get a good idea of the number of suits to be purchased I'll get with Tony to see how we can finance this deal. The $800 figure is no doubt a cash up front price. For a payment plan the price may go up to cover the cost of such an arrangement. Also, there may be shipping and handling costs added, plus there is a cost in getting the product across the border. I do not know if the $800 is a delivered price or a leaving the factory price to which other costs are added.

So, before I go to Tony, we need as many committed people as possible. Please get out there and keep the interest up.

Van sensei: Your endorsement is of tremendous value. I'm going to post on your site as well as Glasheen's and Steinman's so please drop in with a 'strong recommendation'.

Regards, Rich

Return to “Fests_News”