winter Fest

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

David Talley

winter Fest

Post by David Talley »

Tony,

I think that is a sand dune..I could be wrong though

------------------
You can't fight if my thumb is in your eye.

talleyuechi@earthlink.net
Tony-San

winter Fest

Post by Tony-San »

I'd like a Sand dude and a Schmeeyah please!

HAH HAH
lori macleod-doyle

winter Fest

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Yeah, I thought you Southeners would get a kick out of that.
Now stop complaining how cold it is in Florida!!!!!! Image
david

winter Fest

Post by david »

Lori MD,

Sorry about that. Tony does have my email. And I would love to get together with you guys for some downhill and training. I am a MASTER of the faceplant at Sunday River's WHITE HEAT trail. (My friend, Jerry Gross, claims I was crying on top of the trail because I was SO afraid... Image

david
lori macleod-doyle

winter Fest

Hey David,

No problem! I'll get it from Tony.
Did you check out the new photos? There are a couple of really good ones!
Yeah, I really hope we can get this Maine thing going. It would be great to see you again. A weekend of snowboarding and Karate!
Does it get any better than that???? Image

Lori M-D

Don't be afraid Image
lori macleod-doyle

winter Fest

Here's what Mary and I arrived home to last night. This is in my driveway.

[This message has been edited by lori macleod-doyle (edited January 23, 2001).]
Tony-San

winter Fest

Post by Tony-San »

What is all that white stuff?
Mary S

winter Fest

Post by Mary S »

Digging out from snow...digging out from work.

I decided to wait a few days to think over what I would say. Now I am finally able to post on this, and suddenly I feel I'm at a loss for words.

The trip to Florida was wonderful (well, that doesn't even come close!)

I came back with some very valuable gifts...the chance to enhance my karate, new friendships, new perspectives, great memories, and laugh lines.

Thank you to everyone I had the opportunity to meet and work out with. I don't think I can do justice to the specific details of how you all (not to be confused with y'all) added to the great time I had.

HAHA...well maybe a few....David - that kick to Tony's head - so fast I didn't see it but the look on Tony's face said it all, Peggy Hess - awesome lady and new role model, Al and Curtis - great Dan Kumite session - thanks for sharing your insights, Lori Loftus - supplying her dojo and that poor heavybag, George-Sensei, Roy-Sensei, Raffi-Sensei, Gary-Sensei - WOW!!!, my "IHOP - I'LLTRYNOTTOBOUNCE" mug (which I left behind) , Mr. Pinchy - the most noble lobster of them all, Toby - the white blur in the backyard, too many shells on the beach - too many shells in my suitcase (Customs: Anything to declare? - Yes, there are no shells left in Florida), my deep respect for the kitana, Sensei Brendt's dojo with the beautiful tea room, Christmas trees burning in the night and seemingly dancing flames, good food, Tony's tapdancing on the patio (keep up with that practice - someday you'll be famous), chocolate shot glasses (sheer brilliance there, I swear), DavidT - you are a scream! eh, Manny, Charlie, Ray, delicious garlic bread, keys that get locked in cars with engines running (that's just not right), flights that got cancelled and gave me an opportunity for even more laughter and friendship, the lump on my head from the sticks (okay, yes, I hit myself in the head), great coffee, "in" jokes that everyone shared, the difference between move over and roll over, the welcome hugs, the goodbye hugs...

Tony and Susie I especially wish to thank. Your hospitality touched my heart and I do hope we can return the favour some time in the very near future.

Thank you.

Mary
Tony-San

winter Fest

Post by Tony-San »

Mary,

You're very welcome. We enjoyed having you and Lori. Don't worry about the cup, I'll mail it to you along with a schmeeyah!

Tony
david

winter Fest

Post by david »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
keys that get locked in cars with engines running (that's just not right),
Hey, I am used to taking subways. Who needs a key. (shrug) Alright.... Tony, you have my permission, no... my strong support to post that picture! Digital cameras and Adobe can be terrible things. Image

david
Tony-San

winter Fest

Post by Tony-San »

You know what's funny David... I was pulling out my camera just when that guy jimmy'd your lock open! If he hadn't got the door open so fast, I would have had a great shot of you standing there watching this guy break into your car! HHA HAH!
George D

winter Fest

Post by George D »

Hi everyone, Just want to thank everyone for coming to Orlando for Winterfest. It was a blast. This was my first seminar and what a wonderful time it was. It was late Saturday afternoon when I looked at everyone at the Dojo and realized that I was the lowest rank there. (oh my gosh , look at all the black belts here) instead of this being intimidating, it was the opposite. It was an honor. Here I was spending a whole weekend with the best that uechi-ryu has. The experience was inspiring.

Many thanks to George Mattson, David Berndt, Roy, Gary, and Raffi for their instruction those three days. It helps to see what some others do.

Now to some really important stuff. How about that pig roast and annual Christmas
tree burning. What a great evening under a star filled night. Thanks to Bob Elder for inviting us to his ranch for this wonderful event. Looking forward to having all of you next year, tell all of your friends and family. Orlando in January is quite plesant. Chao for now.
david

winter Fest

Post by david »

George,

Indeed, gatherings such as Winterfest benefit everyone, from high ranking dans on down to lowest kyu. One's ranking really plays little very in the overall success of these events. The most important is really the willingness to share and the willness to explore with an open heart and mind.

Was nice meeting you. Hope you come to summer camp. If not, will see you next year! Image
Tony-San

winter Fest

Post by Tony-San »

hah! you should have seen the look on Manny's face when I told him I found out it took 4 wacks with the katana to take off the pigs head! Manny looked at me like "you mean this pig is a fresh kill"? hah hah! I thought he was gonna hurl! I told him "yeah, I overheard the guy who did the deed! He hung the pig upside down from a tree and started A' Wackin'"! I don't think he finished his dinner.....

Return to “Fests_News”