Pay Back!!

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

Mary S

Pay Back!!

Post by Mary S »

See what happens when you go to a nice warm place to partake in karate fun like Winterfest? You get pay back! We are expecting (and it's already started) massive blizzard conditions tonight to pile on the load we already have. At least a foot - foot and a half down already...plowed snow up to four feet in areas....and this should give us easily a foot or two more! I miss Florida!!!! Image
Lori

Pay Back!!

Post by Lori »

Florida misses you too! It was a miserable 60 degrees today and overcast - didn't see the sun until late afternoon - but then it was kind of pretty - had to wear a sweater though... such a bother! Image

Come back soon Mary-san - you have an open invitation!
gmattson
Site Admin

Pay Back!!

Post by gmattson »

I just finished shovelling!!!

Great exercise. . . Envigorating. . .

Yea, I miss Florida too. . . Image

------------------
GEM
Tony-San

Pay Back!!

Post by Tony-San »

I just got back from a nice run through the hood. I'm sweating like a pig! It must be near 80 out there!
Allen M.

Pay Back!!

Post by Allen M. »

It's almost 80 here too, Tony -- right next to the radiator. I had so much fun 4-wheeling in the snowstorm, blasting through the drifts and the unplowed hilly roads, sending up huge waves of Slush, doing donuts, spinning out of control [in a controlled fashion, of course], pulling a few cars back onto the road thelling them they should be more careful ( Image), etc. yesterday and almost flipped the Toiletodor [Toyota] Takoma a few times.

Mary, ever try barefoot Sanchin in the snow?

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Mary S

Pay Back!!

Post by Mary S »

Allen - I can't say that I have...what I did today however was arrive at work with slush-filled boots. We ended up with a lot of rain late last night and it produced a lot of flooding and slush. (I hate slush!)
Allen M.

Pay Back!!

Post by Allen M. »

My hatred of slush started, Mary, when I rode approx 15 miles home from work on I-95 (remembering the s-curves in Pawtucket) in a suprise spring storm on my first motorcycle, ducking behind the windshield every time a car passed ejecting flying plumes of cold wet "wintery-mix" seeking to freeze, and/or knock off the bike, the one who should have called home for a pickup truck instead of "toughing it out."

Brrrr...

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Mary S

Pay Back!!

Post by Mary S »

David....I don't know if "gray" is a flavour at the 7-11's in Florida.. Image

(you can't stick your thumb in my eye if it's closed) Image
Tony-San

Pay Back!!

Post by Tony-San »

David,

They just don't know what's good! There is nothing like mixing all the flavors of a slushie together and making a "Grey" slushy!
David Talley

Pay Back!!

Post by David Talley »

Mmmmmmmm....Grey slushy my fav. Right next to snow cones...Oh.. guess you guys don't like those either though huh?

BTW..Mary you could also use the curly block...from the ancient 3stooge -ryu system

nya nya Hey Moe!!

------------------
You can't fight if my thumb is in your eye.

talleyuechi@earthlink.net
Tony-San

Pay Back!!

Post by Tony-San »

Speaking of paybacks.... 'twas quite the specacle tonight when the shuttle launch went off!
lori macleod-doyle

Pay Back!!

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Well Tony,
At least I got to see it on TV.

BTW, It looks like the new Jeep will be just like yours! Black and Tan. I just have to wait for the insurance company to either find mine or OK a settlement.

Lori M-D
David Talley

Pay Back!!

Post by David Talley »

Slush? Tony, do they mean the kind from the 7-11? Image

------------------
You can't fight if my thumb is in your eye.

talleyuechi@earthlink.net
Tony-San

Pay Back!!

Post by Tony-San »

mmm.. mmm.. mmm... Camel Flavored Jeep!

Nuttin' like it! Image

I would just die if someone stoled my jeep!
lori macleod-doyle

Pay Back!!

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Tony,
I was ready to die Image, but now I'm ready to KILL!!!!! Image Image Image

[This message has been edited by lori macleod-doyle (edited February 09, 2001).]

Return to “Fests_News”