Pay Back!!

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

LenTesta

Pay Back!!

Post by LenTesta »

Lori,
So sorry to hear that some creep(s) stole your ride. Do you have to wait 30 days before they settle like here in the good ol' USA.

Speakin a good ol boys...the Daytona 500 is comming this weekend.

Now that is where I want to be in February.

------------------
Len Testa
Lori

Pay Back!!

Post by Lori »

Well - the weather's great - actually a bit too warm! Can't live without A/C in the car now - without it you bake like a clam.

Now - the 500 coming up - argh! Some things you just have to enjoy from afar - like I enjoy all ya'll's snow! Image

Traffic is intense and a bit of a bother that weekend - but hey - I'll take that instead of that frozen stuff!
Tony-San

Pay Back!!

Post by Tony-San »

It was over 80 today. Lori, did you know there was a Whale and two babies by my section? There where also like 10 dolphins following them around. Me and Susie and about a gazzilion other people watched today. I never saw a whale before. it was jumping out of the water and everything.
Allen M.

Pay Back!!

Post by Allen M. »

I'm going to be in Fla. next month. Don't know if I can take all the sunshine. In New England, one doesn't even need sunglasses and on the few days the yellow ball of fire does peek out, everyone runs and hides inside.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
lori macleod-doyle

Pay Back!!

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Hi Len,
Actually,I have been pretty lucky. They gave me a figure after two weeks and now my lovely new Jeep TJ is sitting in the driveway with the security system armed!

BTW Len,I spent this past weekend snowboarding with one of your students at Sunday River in Maine.
Greg Murphy and his brother John were also guests of Tim Coughlin at his fabulous vacation home in Maine where Mary S. and I had the best time this past weekend. Image Peter Blackman also joined us and we had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful Maine outdoors. Good snowboarding,good food,good wine and good friends. Does it get any better than that? Image Image Image

Lori M-D
LenTesta

Pay Back!!

Post by LenTesta »

Lori
Glad to hear that you settled so soon on your Jeep. I guess Canadian Insurance Companies are quicker to pay off than the Amrican Insurance companies. Must be all that wide open empty space in Canada eh, more places to hide a stolen vehicle. Image

Greg is not only a student of mine he is an Instructor at the BUKA. He told me he was going to be seeing you. He met Tim at Summer camp and Tim invited him. Too bad I don't ski. I would have loved to be there.

Was Peter skiing? I guess he achilles tendon is healed. I will see Peter next Wednesday (the 28th) at the 1st Anniversary of the BUKA. We are planning a demonstration with Board Breaking too! Sensei Bethoney will be making his first appearance at the BUKA. Sensei GEM will be making an appearance also. The juniors are very excited and all should have a good time. I will post pictures on my website. I will let you know when they are uploaded.

------------------
Len Testa
Mary S

Pay Back!!

Post by Mary S »

Len, I am not a skiier nor do I protray one on tv and I had a blast over the weekend! After an initial heart-stopping moment in the trip (our original flight down was cancelled and we ended up flying in a tin can ('merican Eagle - the "Eagle" part was very questionable!) everything else was gravy!

Tim and his daughter were great hosts, Lori "slaved" over a hot stove, Greg and John were a whiz with dish-washing, and Peter was gracious enough to put Lori and me up for a night. It was a weekend of wonderful company and awesome food....oh, and loads of laughter! Image

Lori and I are planning the next journey "down south"...GEM's summer camp. Can't wait to hook up with everyone again!

Congratulations on BUKA's one year anniversary!!!! Image
david

Pay Back!!

Post by david »

Lori/Mary,

Sounds like you had a great time at Sunday River. Image On the other side of those trails/mountains is my "home away from home."

There must have been 2.5 to 3 feet of snow in front of my camp. Usually the stuff in front gets blown away by the high winds. Not this year. Another unforcasted 6 inches fell during the week. Winter's grip is still tight up there.

Next time, I hope our schedules coordinate better.

david

Return to “Fests_News”