Prelude to Summer Camp

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

My good friend Mary S and I will be making the trip down for Summer Camp next month. We are planning to arrive the Sunday before camp for a little extended vacation and we were wondering if there were any interesting classes or seminars being held that week. We are staying just South of Boston and are driving so we could cover some ground if we had to. Any suggestions???

Lori M-D

[This message has been edited by lori macleod-doyle (edited June 19, 2001).]
LenTesta

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by LenTesta »

You and Mary are always welcome at the Monday night BUKA TC Class Image

------------------
Len
lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Thanks Len!
We are both looking forward to going back to BUKA to work out with you guys again.
Plus we have to check out the new ladies locker room! Image See you soon.

Lori M-D
T Rose

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by T Rose »

check out Joe's school...
david

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by david »

Hi Lori,

In between all the invitations, you and Mary are welcome to drop in on me if it fits. We go for a drink and dinner. If it makes you feel any better, we can even work out a teeny little bit beforehand. Image

As usual, I'll be headed to summer camp on Thursday night, after work, and I am willing to shuttle up to two campers flying in that night.

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited June 19, 2001).]
lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Thank you David!
Mary and I were hopeing to get to spend some time with you. We had such a great time in Florida hanging out with you. We would love to get together for dinner or a drink. As for the work out,only if you help me with those damn stick drills! Image We'll let you know when we are coming into the city to give you some advanced warning. Looking forward to seeing you,

Lori M-D
david

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by david »

Lori,

Sounds good! Let me know the date. If you want to come a little earlier and walk around Beantown beforehand, I can arrange for you to park in the our garage. My workplace is pretty accessible by feet or "T" to the sights. As for working out, we can do anything that you two are interested in. If Asian food is of interest, I can assure you we have plenty of that within a 5 minute radius. Image

Later,

david
lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Excellent!
I'll check with Mary and see what she has lined up. I'd love to get into Chinatown and have a look around. As for Asian food ...bring it on!!(I'm better with chopsticks than the other sticks Image )

I'll also let the gang up here know about the carpool situation for Thursday evening. I'm sure someone will want to take advantage of that.Hutch may be coming down but I'm not sure weather he is driving or flying. I'll find out.

Lori M-D

[This message has been edited by lori macleod-doyle (edited June 19, 2001).]
Van Canna

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by Van Canna »

What are you guys so happy about? At camp this year you will be a year older. Image

------------------
Van Canna
lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Sensei Canna!
What will make this year different from the rest? Every camp is another year past but it is also another chance to see old friends and make new ones.That is one of the things I enjoy most about the camps. Image

Lori M-D
Mary S

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by Mary S »

Hey all....Lori and I are truly looking forward to our trip in July. Image Can't wait to see everyone again (and have the great opportunity to meet new friends).

Len, I can't wait to see the changes to your dojo and do another round of TC with Sensei Canna - woo hoo!!! Image

Tracy, Lori and I got the opportunity to visit Joe's dojo (awesome!!!) for a look-see last year when we were down in Mass. I am seriously hoping we can get in a grappling session while we are in the area.

David, I will be pleased to get together with you (as long as you show me some defensive moves to those stick drills you are going to show Lori) Image (and Asian food is ALWAYS of interest!!!!!)

Mary
gjkhoury

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by gjkhoury »

Women of Uechi:

DON'T MISS the opportunity to visit Khoury's Karate, practice with our talented team of Black Belts and experience first hand the greatness of our visiting Greek Karate Champion, Maria Sofotasiou.

Anyone who loves karate will automatically love Maria. Any WOMAN who loves karate as you two do will walk away from the interaction thinking, "WOW!"

Hope to see you both before camp!

Best regards,

Gary
Mary S

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by Mary S »

I sense our week will be totally filled with karate-related events Image It's really too bad we only have ONE week (sigh...if only our dollar was in better shape!!)

Gary-san, looking forward to the opportunity of another great session and to meeting Maria. Image
Raffi Derderian

Prelude to Summer Camp

Post by Raffi Derderian »

Lori and Mary,
The fact that so many have jumped on this thread so quickly with invitations is a testament to the respect you both have from our beloved group.
I am a little late here, but if you can squeeze it in, I would love to see you at my academy. BTW for those who didn't know, I recently changed the name of the school and revamped my website. Check it out.
Anyhow, the school is about one hour from south Boston. If you come, we can do whatever type of workout you'd both be interested in. (sticks, knives, sparring, trapping, etc.) Kidnap Mr. Moy if you can and bring him.
Boy.... Khoury, Testa, Joe, Tracey, myself- too many dojos- you guys may need to come earlier! Image
Raf

------------------
http://members.aol.com/damajkd/dama.html
lori macleod-doyle

Prelude to Summer Camp

Thank-you Raffi!
We were wondering if you were going to be at camp this year. I understand that you have had an injury. I hope it is getting better.
Mary and I both spoke about going over to Rhode Island to see you. We had such fun with you in Florida. I must admit that I haven't been able to spend the time with the sticks that I had wanted to so I am in desperate need of a refresher course. For some reason Mary wouldn't workout with the sticks with me Image.Let me know what your class schedual is like and we'll see if we can get David to come with us. If only Tony was going to be there! Oh well,maybe next year. See you soon,

Lori M-D

Return to “Fests_News”