David Elkins

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

David Elkins

Post by gmattson »

I just registered for summer camp and with your permission would like to present a seminar on what Pat McCarthy sensei calls Tegumi drills. These are hard-hitting hand trapping and grappling "slammer" flow drills that are based upon movements of classic Okinawan kata. There is great similarity to Uechi movement in these drills. Just think of it - body conditioning, PLUS sound reinforcement of Uechi fighting concepts, PLUS almost certain benefits to combative timing and hand speed! Such a deal! I presented these drills to Rick Wilson sensei's group in Edmonton and the group loved them. I think summer campers will enjoy them also.

Best to you and yours,

BTW Sissy (David's dog) said to tell Tia (my dog) that she just finished a rousing session of Tegumi drills with her Daddy on the tug toy!

David
gmattson
Site Admin

David Elkins

Post by gmattson »

David just sent me a great article entitled: Okinawan Flow Drills. http://uechi-ryu.com/articles.htm

If you are coming to camp, I suggest you read this article. If you aren't coming, please don't read it. . . because you will be kicking yourself for not coming! Image

[This message has been edited by gmattson (edited July 24, 2001).]

Return to “Fests_News”