Camp suggestions/ideas

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

gmattson
Site Admin

Camp suggestions/ideas

Post by gmattson »

I'm working on this year's camp. I'll be meeting with the facility people next month and will be committing to facilities, dorm rooms, etc. I'm wondering if we should order a huge tent for outdoor discussions and other special seminars. We can also use this area for the senior-seniors to congregate and sign autographs.

If anyone has any other ideas on ways we can make this year's camp more productive or interesting, please post your suggestions here.

Thanks,
George Mattson
dominiuno

Camp suggestions/ideas

Post by dominiuno »

Sensei,
When you say huge tent, how big do you mean? Also, Where on the grounds would it go so (hopefully) it wouldn't use any space that is usually used for seminars. Of course if it does, the seminars could move. I think it's a very good idea. Would there be tables and chairs in there?

Just wondering.

David
gmattson
Site Admin

Camp suggestions/ideas

Post by gmattson »

Generally, when the Maritime Academy puts up a tent, it is just below the "Bell" area. Yes, it would take up some of the area, but the field is huge and the tent shouldn't interfere with the seminars.

If you haven't read the Spring/Summer Newsletter (link on the home page), please check it out. I'm trying to find dojo that will sponsor an Okinawan for camp. I'd like to see at least a couple of Okinawan teachers at camp this year. How about it, you seniors? Start some fund raising and bring over your favorite Okinawan sensei. Call me for details. Your dojo will be hosting him for at least a week and the camp will host him for the three days. Win-win situation for all.

------------------
GEM
Van Canna

Camp suggestions/ideas

Post by Van Canna »

I think the tent is a must for a number of reasons besides the fact it gives the event a "touch of class"_

For people who hate to broil in the sun it would be a most welcome oasis.

We used to have one on Thompson Island. Image

------------------
Van Canna

Return to “Fests_News”