Can You Pass the "Baby Boomer" Test?

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Please post your answers here.

Can you pass the Baby Boomer Quiz? (No answer key provided. Proceed at your own risk!)

1. Name the Beatles, first and last names.

2. Finish this line: "Lions, and tigers, and bears ..." (2 words)

3. "Hey kids, what time is it?" (4 words)

4. What do M&M's do?

5. What helps build strong bodies 12 ways?

6. Before he was Mohammed Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew him as ... (2 words)

7. "You'll wonder where the yellow went, ..." (7 words)

8. Before he was the Skipper's little buddy, Bob Denver was Dobie's best friend, ... (First and last names, and middle initial)

9. "M-I-C See ya real soon. K-E-Y ..." 5 words)

10. A 'streaker' is someone who might run across campus wearing what?

11. "Brylcream: ..." (6 words)

12. Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone .... (2 words)

13. "I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who ..." (6 words)

14. "War, uh-huh, huh, yeah, what is it good for? ..." (2 words)

15. Where have all the flowers gone?

16. Superman, "disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never ending battle for truth, justice, and ..." (3 words)

17. Who came from the University of Alabama to become one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and appeared in a TV commercial wearing women's pantyhose?
Extra credit if you know his nickname!

18. "I'm Popeye the sailor man! I'm Popeye the sailor man! I'm strong to the finish ..." (5 words)

19. Who played Peter Pan before all these other imitators?

20. In "The Graduate," Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman) was advised about his future and told to consider one thing. What?

21. In 1962, a dejected politician, having lost a race for governor, announced his retirement and chastised the press saying, "Just think, you don't have ... to kick around any more." (2 words) And he lied!

22. "Every morning at the mine you could see him arrive/ He stood six foot six, weighed 245/ Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip/ And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to ..." (2 words)

23. Where did Fats Domino find his thrill? (3 words)

24. "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, ..." (3words)

25. "Good night, Chet. ..." (3 words)

26. "Liar, liar, ..." (3 words) And it's not a Jim Carrey movie!

27. "When it's least expected, you're elected. You're the star today! Smile!..." (4 words)

28. Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop? (Socratic answer required.)

29. "There's a hold-up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights, there's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights..."(what TV show is that the theme song to?)

30. Who always said, "Say goodnight Gracie?"
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Hmmmm.....I can't remember #15 or #24. Maybe I'n an old baby boomer.
Thanks for the fun quiz.
Rich
Robb in Sacramento

Post by Robb in Sacramento »

George:
1. George Harrison, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, and Ringo Starr aka Richard Starkey.

2. Oh my!

3. Its Howdy Doody time. BUT say, what didn't Clarabell do?

4. Melts in your mouth and not in your hands. But do you remember what you had to open wide for?

5. Wonder Bread. But who had the diet plan?

6. Cassius Clay. Who was "The Bear?"

7. When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent. But who endorsed Colgate? Hint, Mr. Trouble never hangs around when hears this mighty sound.

8. Manard G. Krebbs. But what is Dobies little sister doing today?

9. Why, because we like you. But who closed with Happy Trails to You. Bonus if you can name the jeep. Double bonus for naming the driver.

10. Nothing comes to mind. But who was the American who won the Olympic marathon?

11. A little dab will do you, use more, only if you dare! But before blow dryers, guys used hot...?

12. Anyone over thirty. Though, I think you may be confusing Mr. Dylan with Mario Savio, leader of the Berkely free speech movement. What became of Chicago 7 member Tom Hayden?

13. Who, who wrote the book of love. But why was it Judy's turn to cry?

14. Absolutely nothing, say it again, and ask Jackie Chan how to sing it. But who did the band War back up? (Hint, he was an animal.)

15. Young girls picked them, every one. Or, they put them in their hair when they went to this city.

16. the American way. But look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a frog, no, it's...?

17. Joe Willie Namath, or Broadway Joe. But who caught the "Immaculate Reception?"

18. cause I eat my spinach. But who was Crusader Rabbits sidekick?

19. Mary Martin, accept no substitutes. Who did MGM originally want for Dorothy?

20. Plastics. What well known actor got his start with a brief, almost walk through, in the movie?

21. Richard M. Nixon. Who beat him? What was the name of his dog? It was one thing for the press to pick on Dick, it was quite another to pick on his dog ...?

22. Big John. In New Orleans, after the barrel melted down, what did they grab to fire another round?

23. Blue Berry Hill. What winds from Chicago to L.A.?

24. Where ever you are. Inka dinka do.
So who said good night and god bless?

25. Good night David. Who was in Washington and who was in New York?

26. pants on fire?

27. you're on Candid Camera. Who hosted Concentration?

28. Who put the ram in the ramma damma ding dong, who was that man, I want to shake his hand, he made my baby fall in love with me. Now, will somebody please explain what the heck Inagotta deveda means!!!

29. Car 54 Where Are You. Who played Tootie and who played Muldune?

30. George Burns.

What did the father on My Three Sons do for living?

Thanks George. I don't know how many of these I got right, but the fact that my mind is cluttered with enough useless trivia to even under take answering your question shows I need to spend a lot, much more, really need to many, San Chins, and clear some space for the next century. By the way, what was the name of Dale Evan's horse?

Peace.
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Way to go Robb! How do you get a hat on that head?

Fill ins

1. who are the oter two Beatles you didn't mention? ( real answers)

#4 Maypo?

#5 Hollywood?

#9 ( for the Hawian vacation!) Lulabelle and Gabby Hays?

#12 becam a Calif state rep and maried and divorced Hanoi Jane?

#13 Sequel to It's my Party ( and I'll cry if i want to)

#15 SanFrancisco

#16 Super Chicken?

#19 Shirley Temple

#21 Checkers

#24 Red Skelton

#27 Hugh Downs

#29 Tootie Joe E. Ross, Muldune Fred Gwynn

Kevin
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

My, oh my ... I got them all right!! As a younger student (early 30's) remarked to me the other night
"Gosh, you are old.." when he came up with this supposed "brain teaser."

What were roller skate wheels made of originally?

The answer is of course, wood, (no, not the little metal ones you had on the streets and used a key to take them on and off .. any one out there remember them?)

Jackie

[This message has been edited by Jackie Olsen (edited 12-02-98).]

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”