another test...

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
mugaku

another test...

Post by mugaku »

ok, david, maybe this one will be more to your liking. Image for the record, I missed all four and I peeked at the answers, too...

This quiz consists of four animal-related questions that tell you whether or not you are qualified to be employed as a Zoo Director (or, maybe, just whether you are qualified to be employed).

Do not cheat and peek at the answers like you are inclined to do. The questions are not that difficult. You just need to think like an
executive.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct answer: Open the refrigerator door, put in the giraffe and close the door. This question tests whether or not you do simple things in a complicated way.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Incorrect answer: Open the refrigerator door, put in the elephant and close the door.

Correct answer: Open the refrigerator door, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This question tests your foresight.

3. The Lion King is hosting an Animal Conference. All of the animals attend
except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct answer: The elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. This tests if you are capable of comprehensive thinking.

4. There is a river where ravenously hungry crocodiles live. They eat anything and everything that they can find. How do you safely cross this river?

Correct answer: Simply swim across. The crocodiles are not there. I just told you that all of the animals except the elephant are attending the Animal Conference. This question tests your reasoning ability.

So... If you answered all four questions correctly, you are employable as a Zoo Director. Otherwise, stick to walking the dog.
Mary S

another test...

Post by Mary S »

Excellent!!!! Do you have any more?

------------------
Jackie Olsen

another test...

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Guess I shouldn't leave my day job just yet!
Thanks for the prostitute prostitute prostitute.

Jackie
Mary S

another test...

Post by Mary S »

Jackie,

With stuff like this why did you ever question whether your forum should continue? :-) I personally think it's these little "gems" (sorry, GEM) that make it all worthwile!!

------------------
Shelly King

another test...

Post by Shelly King »

I suddenly feel like I should return my degree to my college...Reminds me of the joke my calc teacher use to say. Ask an engineer and a math major each to move a book lying on a chair and place it on the floor. Now take the same book and put it on a table and again ask them to put the book on the floor. The engineer will take the book off the table and place it on the floor, the math major will take the book off the table and place it on the chair because they have already proved they can take it from the chair to the floor.
david

another test...

Post by david »

Mugaku,

As soon as I loaded the page, I saw both the questions and the anwsers. Does this mean I have a broad perspective? Image

Actually, I don't know if I would gotten the answers, espcially as I sit in the kitchen next to my little refigerator. Hmmm.... how big/small is that giraffe and elephant?

david
mugaku

another test...

Post by mugaku »

indeed, david, you do have a broad perspective...

the only way i could figure to fit the giraffe and elephant in a refrigerator is to fold them in half 'til they fit

and i spotted a flaw in the test: they didn't calculate that by removing the vegetable trays, one could fit the elephant in with the giraffe

oh well, like you say, no test is perfect Image
Shelly King

another test...

Post by Shelly King »

Not sure what this says about me...but my first reply to the giraffe question was:

Easy, cut it into steaks!
david

another test...

Post by david »

Shelly,

I was going to say that! My fear was that someone would take me seriously. I have enough troubles without taking on PETA!

david
Shelly King

another test...

Post by Shelly King »

David

I hear it tastes like chicken!
Kevin Mackie

another test...

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Mary- not a scratch. The front of the car is pretty low, so I just scooped her off her legs and a small bounce off the hood was the extent of the collision.

There were 4 in a small herd bolting out of a neighbors yard when I came around the corner doing about 15 mph.

Kevin
Mary S

another test...

Post by Mary S »

Good to hear...forgot to mention that I had hoped you and any passengers were okay too.
Had a friend who met up with a moose early one morning and while his car was totalled, he was fine...unfortunately the game wardens wouldn't let him keep his prize...

------------------
david

another test...

Post by david »

Jeeze, Mary, in Maine, if you total your car in a collison with a herbivore, you get to keep it. Most folks aren't well off. They figure you should at least get a season of meat if you lose your car.

Kevin, pretty lucky there. A good hit on a deer usually sends it flying through the windshield onto your lap. I remember driving up to Maine late one night in our old subaru wagon. Just before getting to my cabin, I saw something white moving in the middle of the road. (I had highbeams on.) I said to my wife, "Who would be crazy enough to be walking around late at night on a pitch black road." The white didn't move. So, I slowly idled up. At about 20 feet, I realized I was staring at the inner thighs of a bull moose. He was frozen in the road staring at my headlights. If I hit that, I would have had meat for a year. Of course, I would have to be alive and still have my teeth to eat with!

david
Kevin Mackie

another test...

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Oh Shelley, .. where were you Saturday night when I tagged a doe in front of my house with a Subaru?

In the time it took for her to shake off the dust, get up and trot away, I'm sure you could have had her drawn, quartered, filleted and wrapped. Image I could have used one of David's knives right then.

Why hunt when there's fresh meat all over the highway?

PETA? People Eating Tastey Animals?

Kevin
Mary S

another test...

Post by Mary S »

So, Kevin-san, how did the Subaru fare?

------------------

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”