End of an Era

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Jackie Olsen

End of an Era

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Dear Friends and Family ...

I am truly blessed by ALL your heart sounds ... Your offers of prayers and encouragement are so very appreciated ... Most of you do not know me, but I feel we share a kindred spirit...thank you for your tenderness...

Student ... your words and thoughts speak volumes and touch me very deeply ... it is very hard right now to find adequate words that express how I feel ... so I will say "thank you" for offering your heart-mind. I would honored to have you offer a prayer for me. Thank you, also for your address ... as I am able, I will write ...

Lori ... you are a very special woman and I thank you for asking the grandfathers for the prayers in the sweat ... Omitakquiasin "thank you all my relations, since always, for always."

Thank you all for listening ... and hearing ... may the circle of love be returned to you ten-fold.

In beauty ... Jackie
student

End of an Era

Post by student »

Prayers were said today at both minchah (afternoon) and ma'ariv (evening) services; and, for what it's worth, they felt good.

student

[This message has been edited by student (edited June 11, 2000).]
Jackie Olsen

End of an Era

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thank you, student,

... for your gift -- yesterday was also my birthday.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
student

End of an Era

Post by student »

Update us, please Jackie:

Inquiring family want to know.

You know how nosy we can be....

student
Jackie Olsen

End of an Era

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Dear student:

I am learning not to pursue the past … I am learning not to live in the future. I am experiencing looking at life very deeply at the here and now. … Trying not to be overwhelmed by what has happened.

The ghosts of what has happened follow me … I'm learning to recognize its nature and allow it to transform me. I am continuing to cultivate my spiritual nature by diving deep and observing…opening my heart and learning to forgive myself, life and others.

"What is forgiveness? It is but to see that all the blows of fate we've experienced, all our rejections and weaknesses are but a part of the darkness which help bring us more light."

Easier said than done ...

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
david

End of an Era

Post by david »

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

M. Kathleen Casey.

Breathing in... breathing out...
There is sensation but no suffering...

The "here and now" is always an option.

best wishes,

david
Van Canna

End of an Era

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Jackie,

Shocked at your adversities! It seems all so sudden, life taking turns for the worst when we least seem to expect it! Heart felt condolences on your mother’s passing.

Yes , the blows of fate..So much sadness!

The stalking and abuse is distressing to me. Hope you are doing well!

My prayers are with you.

Allen,
Sorry about your mother. You will need a lot of strength! God be with you!

------------------
Van Canna
Allen M.

End of an Era

Post by Allen M. »

Van,

My mom is tough in life, and is prepared better than I. Funny, there is only one person in the world you can say the words: "Hey, Ma!" Even at my age, it is an odd feeling to know that pretty soon the remaining parent will be no more. <hr>
Jackie,

All the best to you. Through this forum, you have developed a number of good solid friendships with good people. Remember that we are here for you.

------------------
Allen, Home: http://www.ury2k.com/ mirror: http://home.ici.net/~uechi/
paul giella

End of an Era

Post by paul giella »

Jackie,
I read your words with the same sympathy that all the rest conveyed. As it happens, my profession involves working with people who are dealing with many of the same emotions you are... I may be able to offer some helpful advice. Maybe not so much as a psychologist as a fellow karate friend and family member. I don't want to do this on an open forum, and I don't want my private email available over this forum if you are being stocked, but you can get it from Sensei Mattson. Please do so. Paul
Jackie Olsen

End of an Era

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Paul,

An Email is on it's way ... thank you ...

Allen,

I send you continued prayers for you and your mother. When the mantle is passed from one generation to another, it is hard to accept. When my nephew said "You're now the matriarch of our family," it was difficult ...

Thank you, Allen ... I never realized or expected the depth of caring I've experienced here. I am very fortunate to call you family...

David ... Breathing ... I feel much better after Sanchin. At the dojo, we've been focusing on marathon Sanchins ... how much clearer and cleaner I feel after ...

Van ... thank you ... I am working through this with the help of many caring friends and family. I am a survivor ...

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”