Magic

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
LeeDarrow

Magic

Post by LeeDarrow »

A man taught a small boy that there was no magic.

"It's all an illusion," he said, with pride. "No such thing, no siree!" and he huffed and puffed on his way.

The little boy stood, almost in tears. "No magic?" he cried, "oh good grief!"

And a bright Lady came to the crying boy and said, "Magic is what YOU make of it. Come and see."

And she took the boy by the hand, and led him into a big building with letters on the front and lots of other little boys and girls inside.

She led the little boy to the end of the hall and sat him atop a tall stool, like the grown-ups use.

"Look inside of this," she said and produced a magic tube. The boy looked and saw little round things moving swiftly in all directions in the grainy light.

In the middle of the light, one of the round things stopped moving and started to change.

"What's happening?" asked the boy.

"Magic," said the Lady. "Just watch."

And the little boy watched and the small, single celled animal divided and the little boy witnessed the miracle of reproduction.

And the Lady took him outdoors now, for the sun had set and pointed up at the stars and as she did, one streaked across the sky and the little boy saw the miracle of a meteor. The magic of a falling star.

And as the years passed, the little boy grew into a man, but he never forgot the magic the Lady had showed him.

And now, he shows people magic of the hands and the mind all over the world and each show, he remembers the Lady and gives thanks while hoping that he, too can help someone remember that there IS magic in the world.

respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
who was that little boy - and in some ways, still is.
Jackie Olsen

Magic

Post by Jackie Olsen »

(Crossing my fingers) "I Do Believe, I do believe!"

Did you happen to watch the "Mists of Avalon" on TNT cable? Arthur was also gifted with magic from the Lady of the Lake -- Excalibur!

I find that wonder and magic exists all around me. We must have eyes to hear and ears to see it (yes, I meant exactly what I wrote).

It's a very long story ... but between the ages of 4 - 9 I had lost my hearing. Even though I may have missed out on many developmental/social skills, what I developed inwardly through other senses is priceless.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
student

Magic

Post by student »

Jackie:

I know Lee personally...and if he has not seen or taped The Mists Of Avalon I will personally be very surprised. Image In my area it is being rebroadcast as one all 4-hour show both this Friday night, 8-12 EDT, and Saturday afternoon, 12-4.

The casting was excellent and all the performances were very good, at the least. Kudos to actor James Coburn for having the sense to get the screen rights from MZB years ago (which is why he's listed as Executive Producer); high praise to Angelica Huston, in that while the movie was showing she completely erased Morticia Addams from my mind.

Lee was present at a gathering of like minded people when I took my guitar and sang the following to the tune of Bibbety-bobbety-boo from Cinderella:

"Oh, Aleister Crowley, Madame Blavatsky,

Bibbety, bobbety bo.

Put them together and what have got?

I don't think you want to know."

It was very well received with laughter; so well that Lee asked to hear it over again, having missed some of it the first time.

I obliged and sang again.

The decorations started coming down from the ceiling....
I have never sung it twice in the same evening since. True story.

student

[This message has been edited by student (edited July 19, 2001).]
LeeDarrow

Magic

Post by LeeDarrow »

Jackie,

My dear friend student is correct in his telling of that story - but "recent?" More like almost 20 years ago, but what of that? Image

He is a gifted musician and composer, not to mention parodist (one who does parodies) and one of my most valued friends.

Even though we don't see each other as often as I'm sure we'd both like, this forum has helped bridge the miles between us. Thank you and Shihan Mattson for that!

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by student:
Jackie:

Lee was present at a gathering of like minded people when I took my guitar and sang the following to the tune of Bibbety-bobbety-boo from Cinderella:

"Oh, Aleister Crowley, Madame Blavatsky,

Bibbety, bobbety bo.

Put them together and what have got?

I don't think you want to know."

It was very well received with laughter; so well that Lee asked to hear it over again, having missed some of it the first time.

I obliged and sang again.

The decorations started coming down from the ceiling....
I have never sung it twice in the same evening since. True story.

student

[This message has been edited by student (edited July 19, 2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you MIGHT be!" - Heisenberg
student

Magic

Post by student »

Now you've done it!

You've repeated the song in the same thread!

Incoming...!

student

Post Scriptum: Where did I say or imply this was recent? This was at least one wife ago for each of us....

[This message has been edited by student (edited July 20, 2001).]

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”