Watch out for those Alagators

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

The Florida State Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters, fishers, and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators while in Brevard, Broward, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Palm Beach and Sarasota Counties. They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator. It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity.

People should recognize the difference between small young alligator and large adult alligator droppings. Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers. Adult alligator' droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper spray

Post by Guest »

I never realised the gator scatt was so similar to bear dung. Bear scatt is packed with dinner bells up here too. Image

Can't blame the gators for liking a little pepper with their meat,I like it that way too. Nice of the hikers to preseason the meat!

Laird
student

Post by student »

Makes more sense that the 'gators would be fond of Cajun-style spices, no...?

student
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by student:
Makes more sense that the 'gators would be fond of Cajun-style spices, no...?

student
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I GARRR-OWNNN-TEE it!

Voulez le bon temps roulez!! (Let the good times roll!)

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”