Joe Bass Dies afte long battle with Cancer

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I received this email this morning.

. . .
Just so that you will recall who I am, please let me reintroduce myself.

I am Sensei Peter Urbans rep. here in Fla. I had contacted you in the past, speaking of having been in Okinawa to witness your RokuDan promotion at the Ueichi TaiKai.

I wish that I could be contacting you under better surcumstances, but unfortunately the news is grim.

I realize that you and he, where not the best of friends, but I know that you would want to know, that Joe Bass died a couple of days ago. After a long fight with cancer, he expired in his sleep. He and I shared a dojo, for a few years, he teaching Ueichi and Kendo / Iaido, and I teaching Karate and Jujitsu. We went our seperate ways, but what I know about the sword, I mostly got from him.

I hope all is well with you and yours,

Steven L. Malanoski, Kyoshi 8th Dan, USAGA
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

My deepest sympathy to the Bass family.

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by Van Canna (edited March 05, 2002).]
Tony-San

Post by Tony-San »

God Bless Joe. He was a good man. I always liked to train with him and enjoyed his warm smile.

My condolences to Jan and Family and all of Joes students.

Tony
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

My sincere condolences to Janice Bass.

My heart is saddened. Both Joe and his wife Janice became good friends with my wife and myself through Uechi-ryu over the past six or so years although we have not met with them in person.

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”