solitude beautiful

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Van Canna

solitude beautiful

Post by Van Canna »

Last edited by Van Canna on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie Olsen

solitude beautiful

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Wow... this takes my breath away...

Glad to see another one of your exquisite posts ... something that really moves the soul and awakens the inner fire.

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

I don't write poetry and or song as well, but here is something I jotted down once. I called it "Sigh"

Soft inside, and raw
moldable
a collage of bruised emotions
unavoidable
twisting, churning thought,
delusional
someone in the process
illusional
eye of the beholder
invisible
self proclaimed limbo
unescapable
with beauty in the silence
impenatrable
with beauty in pure silence
so peaceful.

Van's post reminded me of it, though his talent is far superior.

K-

This forum is really awesome- don't know why I missed it before-

K
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Hi Kerry & welcome to this forum. So glad you posted your poetry. This forum was originally dedicated for those to share what ever inner fire "moved their souls .." ... be it philosophy, feelings inspirations gained from kata, or a really good chuckle. We haven't had a lot of soul power lately :o , so it is good that this forum has 'reawakened' with your jottings (hmmm, like a "sleeping dragon, perhaps?)!

Yes the power of silence can be awesome... only sometimes we mistake it for aloneness.

Please visit again!
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

Hi-
I will be here a lot now- just hadn't realized it before-

Trust me- you'll get tired of seeing me! LOL

K-
KerryM

Silence

Post by KerryM »

Here is something I am putting in another book I'm writing: It is part of a "dragon curse" that is put on a wizard:

With bated breath
I lie in wait
the smell of blood
poignient to taste
Of silver hue
and violet strung
a dragon's breath
feedings begun
They fly out west
to the setting sun
as twilight deepens
death's toll is rung
with scraping claws
sharp as blade
to tare apart
and seal their fate.....

K
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Intriguing ... reminds me of something out of Harry Potter! Is that how you experience the power of the dragon in kata?

Jackie
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

smiling- dammn it all to hell that J K Rowlings got out there before I did! LMAO (just teasing- she's truly an amazing author)

Actually no- that's not how I experience the Spirit of the Dragon in Kata- that was just part of my book-

Dragon's for me are like angels- fierce, powerful, protective, balanced- they have to know everything about their opponent- say another dragon- because they would most likley be fighting in the air- right- there's nothing but the other dragon to hold onto. Dragon's hold the mystical secret art of the martial arts- the answers you can't see, at least not right away- only if you look hard enough- for those answers (or dragon's) will you see/find them.

Loyal, magical, ..... my book- when you get it- will say more! You'll see what I mean! :)

K

But for everything to be balanced- of coarse- if you piss a dragon off- make sure there isn't any ketchup around you know! (have you seen that bumper sticker? Don't mess in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!) So The dragon aspect in Kata is that also- :)
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Don't mess in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!)
LOL!!

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”