Time goes by

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Bill Bauknecht

Time goes by

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone
And I never see my old friend's face.
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell,
And he rang mine.
If, we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim"
"Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner!-yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir-"
"Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Passed on by Bill
Life is too short,,,pick up the phone.

[This message has been edited by caddybill (edited 03-22-99).]

[This message has been edited by caddybill (edited 03-22-99).]
Allen M.

Time goes by

Post by Allen M. »

Life races by too damn fast, Bill.

My mom is 82 and time went fast; she is now the eldest of a large clan starting with her mom. All she really has now is time and memories, because 'things' are meaningless to her. She cherishes my visits, and those of my wife and our sons. And because of our 'busy' schedules we all visit her at least once a week, but separately (better for her).

I constantly do many things in my life which I consider necessary and important, but none of them is as necessary and important as to to give her back a little of what she gave to me all her life -- time.

I can do no more than stop my little world from spinning and spend a few hours a week with her; either sit and watch TV or go for a ride or a restaurant, but when she is gone, it will not have been enough.

------------------
Allen - uechi@ici.net - http://www.uechi-ryu.org
Bill Bauknecht

Time goes by

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hi Anthony,
Thanks for your response. I'm glad it hit home with someone else bsides me. Life is, as they say, too short. Take care.
Bill
Bill Bauknecht

Time goes by

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Hey Allen,
Nice to hear from you. My mother is still with me too, she just turned 87. Lives with her dog and bird. She is close to me so I am over there often and call her regularly.
You are doing the right thing and because of that, even though as you say it's not enough, you won't have any thoughts after she's gone, wishing you would have done more. I had a wonderful relationship with my father, he has been gone 13 yrs. I miss him every day. I have no regrets, wouldn't have changed a thing. We just hit it off and it's a great feeling knowing we had it all. It made his passing much easier on me. So everybody out there should ask themselves, Am I doing enough?? Will I regret I didn't do more? My illness has opened my eyes as to what is really important in life.
My family, my friends. They will always be there for me, as I am for them. Give them your best.
Bill
omething for your mon, bi

Time goes by

Post by omething for your mon, bi »

S
omething for your mon, bi

Time goes by

Post by omething for your mon, bi »

S
Allen M.

Time goes by

Post by Allen M. »

Something for your mom, Bill

http://www.uechi-ryu.org/stuff/misc/easterlily.gif

------------------
Allen - uechi@ici.net - http://www.uechi-ryu.org<font color=white>

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited 04-03-99).]
Dakkon

Time goes by

Post by Dakkon »

I too have read that passage.
It strikes home. I live but 1 mile from my mom and grandmother. Yet it seems impossiable to go by and visit for any length of time. Yet that phone is even harder to use. I agree with all that say life races by to fast. We all need to take the time to "stop and smell the roses"
be it just a quick 5 minute call to a old friend or a hour long visit to some one special. you'd be surprised at how much better you fell after doing so.

Dakkon
P.S. Lurking always in the shadow is the tech. support people
Bill Bauknecht

Time goes by

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Thanks for that Dakkon. Yours is the common story. It sounds like me awhile back. Now I try to DO IT!!
Bill
Bill Bauknecht

Time goes by

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Thank you Allen,
My mother was here today for Easter Sunday dinner. Showed her your gift and though she couldn't figure out how, she was thrilled.
Happy Easter to all!!
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”