Tribute to Ahti: From GEM in Atlanta

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gemattson

Post by gemattson »

Forgot my password, so must post this on a forum that doesnt require registering:

After the last workout tonight in Atlanta, Nakahodo sensei asked me to say a few words about Ahti and to lead the class in a brief tribute to honor his memory.

Ahti was a wonderful person, a great martial artist and tireless worker for Uechi-ryu. He was always fun to be with. He will be missed by his many students and his many friends.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I have a thread going on my forum as well.

Ahti was a great friend and a Uechi pioneer.

He will be sorely missed. I feel fortunate to have been able to spend a week together with him last year.

Mike D. posted the following information:

Contact information is as follows:

Olga Kaend
12672 Scandia St.
Garden Grove, CA 92845 USA
714 894-5627
olgakaend@aol.com

Viewing & Funeral to be held at

Westminster Memorial Park
14801 Beach Blvd.
Westminster, CA 9268
714 893-2421

Viewing:

Tue 8/15/01 4:00 - 8:00 PM

Service & Funeral

Wed 8/16/01 1:00 PM

Olga has requested that any gift baskets or flowers be sent to her home.

Please do write to Olga : olgakaend@aol.com

------------------
Van Canna
billb366

Post by billb366 »

I best remember Ahti at the Hall of Fame Banquet many years ago. Art Rabesa and I were talking to him and Art looked at me and said, "You know Bill, this is one crazy Bas---." Of course coming from Art that meant he greatly respected Ahti and we had a good laugh. He will surely be missed. Rest in peace Ahti. See you down the road.
Bill Bauknecht

Return to “Special Needs”