I have a red face.

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

billb366

I have a red face.

Post by billb366 »

A funny story, typical of my life experiences. Thought I would share it with you. I spent three days in the hospital, got home yesterday afternoon. It seems that the anti biotic given to me for an infection actually caused a more serious infection and I had to be in a private room. I was so doped up I really don't remember a heck of lot that went on, the ultra sound, cat scan etc etc. Any infection is very dangerous to me, with my screwed up immune system. I slightly remember the nurse telling me that I could push a button and give myself a shot of morphine if I needed it for pain. Well, to make a long story short, a nurse came in and ask how the pain was and I said it was fine. She said good, I had given myself 5 shots of morphine, this can be done every 8 minutes. I just said Say What!??? I don't know anything about giving myself any kind of "shots". Well, ole dummie here, I was trying to ring for the nurse cause I had to go to the bathroom! Kept thinking how bad the service was around here so I just kept pushing the button. Every eight minutes, another shot of morphine. Well, the nurse thought this was hilarious and before long of course, all the nurses, doctors, even my own, knew about it. Boy was my face red. I hate all these drugs, but hot damn, I'll tell ya, that morphine really made me feel great. I was in la la land. Bauknecht strikes again. Another page in the book. I'm really not as stupid as I appear, I don't think. I just have the tendency to put my foot in it. I do not encourage drug use, but let me tell ya, morphine is GOOD!!!
Bill
Allen M.

I have a red face.

Post by Allen M. »

High, Bill

er, I mean, Hi, Bill.

Way to go!

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
gmattson
Site Admin

I have a red face.

Post by gmattson »

Bill:

Sorry to hear about the setback.

But I'm very happy to hear that you are home again, probably hustling your neighbors in your billiard room for quarters! Image

Anyway, I've been busy with my sister, who isn't doing well at all. We closed her apartment down this morning. Not much we can do at this point but hope for the best and be prepared for the worse.

Let me know if you are available to play golf the next nice day. Little windy today, but I bet we'll have a few more good days this Fall before the snow flys.

Take care,
George
billb366

I have a red face.

Post by billb366 »

George of course I'm so sorry that this time has come for your sister. We have had our discussions about this but now is the time I just want you to know, anything I can do, just pick up the phone. Suzie and I both send our best, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Susan and of course your sister. About golf, I don't know, it's really taking time for any strength to return to this beat up old body. My legs are still like rags. Never can tell though, won't hang up the clubs just yet. I'll be in touch, please keep all of us posted on conditions. God bless.
Bill
billb366

I have a red face.

Post by billb366 »

LOL Allen, right on!!

Return to “Special Needs”