What's the Next Step ???

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

Deep Sea

What's the Next Step ???

Post by Deep Sea »

<center>What's the Next Step ???</center>

Say one has been on a diet for four months under the watchful eye of a physician, and gets a progress checkup once every four weeks. For the first three months, there has been a steady decrease in weight, but visit #5 reveals the same numbers on the scale as visit #4, although the diet has remained the same with caloric intake and types of food being maintained and consistantly unwavering at any time throughout the entire 4 months. Exercise coninues at the same level throughout.

What happened?

What did the body do?

Is there any hope or is one doomed to regain and add a few as a natural recourse for the body to get even with the mind and the spirit?

What to do next?

What's the next step? Lipo?

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Bill B.

What's the Next Step ???

Post by Bill B. »

Sorry Allen, I can't help you at all with this one. I am diet stupid number one and number two and three, I know nothing about it. Hopefully there is someone who can come up with some possibilities. It seems like the ladies always know the diet questions. For some reason most of the guys don't seem to give a damn. Me? Guilty.
Bill
Ron G

What's the Next Step ???

Post by Ron G »

Allen, What is the reason for the diet is it due to medical condition or just weight loss. While in Law Enforcement we had to weigh in every 6 months (you know the insurance, skeleton weight chart) and I crashed dieted regularly. It screwed up my matabolism as when the body does not get what it thinks is enough food it goes into survival mode and wants to store fat. Diets do not work, you lose the weight but it comes back, it must be a life style change. Hypnosis can help as you are fighting your mind. The conscious mind (20%) says you should lose weight, while the sub-conscious (80%) says I want to eat all kinds of good things, who do you think wins? You must convince the 80% to join your rational side and meditation or hypnosis can do that. Try it.

[This message has been edited by Ron G (edited September 15, 2002).]
Deep Sea

What's the Next Step ???

Post by Deep Sea »

Thanks, Ron.

To answer your question, Ron, the reason for the diet is the second spurned by the first.

In terms of lifestyle change, the types and quantities of fuel have remained consistent as well as both the conscious and unconscious, I mean subconscious, minds have been and continue to be in agreement. The body, under its own volition, absent from outside forces, must be making internal adjustments, crowbarring itself into “stuck” mode.

Desperation is settling in and drastic choices for remedy are under consideration.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
s f b

What's the Next Step ???

Post by s f b »

Thanks for the help, tips, cheering and motovation gallery, and suggestions because I know ALL of you want me to succeed. Youse guys really come through in a time of desperation, depression, and need, true to form as expected.

The last month on prescribed meds for weight-loss were hell as my body fought the medication every way it could, and the last month on them resulted in a 0 decrease in poundage.

I quit taking the meds about a month ago when I wrote this, and have since dropped an additional 10# for a total net gain in health of 50#. If, in fact, this continues, I'll drop plans for lipo in the spring for the remaining 50# as I cross my fingers that the excitation of the Hypothalmus by the prior application of the meds continues and it has gotten the idea that I want it to work for me rather than against me.

------------------
<b>Al Moulton at <i><a href="http://www.uechi-ryu.ws">Uechi-ryu Etcetera</a></i> Loves <i><a href="mailto:uechi@ixpres.com">email</a></b></i>
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Yay for you!!

I'm now exploring the "Eat Right for Your Type" ...anyone have an experience with this one?

It seems like ever since I was ill 3 years ago (I'm much better now) my metabolism is in slo mo. I just heard on Paul Harvey that scientists are now saying it's all in the DNA -- that people metabolize different based upon the genetic makeup. They are close (as I understand it) to idenfying the strand/finger which will switch on the metaolism gene.

Until then, "grunt, two, three, four" (Jackie chewing on celery).

Return to “Special Needs”