Junior Rank Guidelines

For kids who are interested in the martial arts. Moderated by "Seisan Sister", who is 13 years old and a seasoned Uechi competitor and according to her father, a very serious martial artist.

Moderator: seisansister

Junior Rank Guidelines

Postby iac1 » Wed Nov 15, 2000 3:26 pm

Hello,

Would some of you, teachers and students, please share your rank guidelines? I have four students who have been studying for about a year that I would like to promote. The other dojo ownerrs I've spoken with strongly support the use of colored belts for children. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd see what is already being done.

The class is pretty traditional Uechi. Students are ages 6-11. The group that needs to be promoted is doing all the opening exercises including Hojo Undo, Sanchin, Kanshiwa and are beginning Kumite One.

Thanks!

Mike Herrmann
Alb, NM
iac1

Postby Spike » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:09 am

If you are Uechika, than i would suggest going to http://www.nskarate.tk/ and looking in the faq section under: WHAT ARE THE RANKS AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS?

These are for our dojo, although i would suggest that the kids don't do the conditioning for a testing since they are still developing and it's dangerous to condition developing bodies. If you want more information contact me.
Spike

Return to Kombat Kids