Thank You to all who attended the TC on the 14th.

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

LenTesta

Post by LenTesta »

I would like to extend a very warm and deep from the heart Thank You to all who attended the TC class at the BUKA on Monday the 14th of August.

We set a new record for attendance for participants (17) and observers (3).

We had in attendance as observers:
Sensei Mattson (Thank You, Sensei, for a wonderful camp), Peter Blackman (who had an unfortunate accident a month ago and ripped his left achillies tendon) and Lori MD from Canada who was not feeling well. (Hope you are feeling better now Lori and stay away from futons who attack Image)

Also from Cananda, participating in class was Foster, Peter, Mary S (whom I thank once again for purchusing a BUKA t-Shirt) and Marcie.

Another group of participants, was the Argentenians who attended the summer camp: Carlos, Leohandro, Manuel and Juan (I am not sure if I am right about the last two names), and their intrepreter Enrique.

Also first timer Dave Hovey from Rhode Island, frequent TC students Fedele Cacia and Gary Santaniello, and making his second appearance at the BUKA was JD (Doctor X to you forumites).

Last but not least, the BUKA TC members who attended: Fred Channell, Rico Paone, Kevin Mackie, and I were eager to demonstrate what the class was all about.

And THANKS to one of the greatest teachers I know; Sensei Van Canna for making all this possible.

The energy was so intense I could have sworn that the walls were moving in and out as each one performed their katas at lightening speed and devistating power. The Argentinians are very quick learners and the Canadians have grasped the concept well.

As a group or individually, everone was very good.

I made many new friends and I am extreemly proud to be a member of the Uechi-ryu community with all these wonderful people who I met at the summer camp and at my dojo.

I welcome back all who have attended this special TC Class any time they are in the area.

This has been one class that will forever remain in my memory and I will always reflect back on as one of my most cherished workouts in my 21 year study of Uechi-ryu.

------------------
Len Testa
Gary Santaniello

Post by Gary Santaniello »

I would like mention the spirit, intensity and power that was dispalyed by our visitors from both Argentina and Canada.

Surely everyone who demonstrated their kata gave 110% in their efforts.

Certainly it was a high powered group !

------------------
Gary S.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Enrique Mitman wrote:

< The entire team scored your class yesterday as the "climax" of the trip.
They are going to work out seriously on your principles and hopefully teach
them in their dojos >

Well, they sure tried hard! The Argentineans are no “occasional practitioners” they workout everyday of their lives, and Leandro [18] has been in a Uechi dojo since age five.

They are naturally strong and determined to begin with, and their “spirit” during class was awesome. Manuel, newly promoted to Sandan at camp, performed more like a godan on the floor. Juan and, of course, Carlos Ciriza-sensei, were simply outstanding in generating power and clean techniques.

The Canadian team, had been previously exposed to TC concepts, and, as usual, gave it the utmost in explosive performance.

The star of the show had to be Mary Simpson. Her Seisan was just awesome in power, grace, and fierceness. She looked stronger than some of male high-ranking practitioners I know. Definitely a performance that should have been videotaped. And she fights with the same intensity!

Thank you for the memorable evening.

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by Van Canna (edited August 16, 2000).]
lori macleod-doyle

Post by lori macleod-doyle »

Hi Len,
Thank-you so much for your hospitality and friendship. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with you at the camp as well as the do-jo. My only regret was that I didn't work out at the TC Monday night. (I am still not feeling 100% but I think I'm gonna live.)I have been fortunate enough to have worked Sensei Canna's TC Concepts with him before and believe me it is just as informative to watch and listen. I also had the company of a wounded Peter Blackman to explain some of the things in more detail as we were both relegated to the killer futon to observe the class.(Don't worry Lenny,I'm sure the scar on my foot won't be too horribly disfiguring Image )
Thank you again. It was a great pleasure to meet you and all the others at the TC. I hope we can do it again soon.

Lori M-D
LenTesta

Post by LenTesta »

Thanks for the kind words Lori

You and your husband and the others are most welcome at my dojo anytime you are in the area.

BTW I cannot read your e-mail address.

Please send it to me again at:
<A HREF="mailto:BrocktonUKA@aol.com">BrocktonUKA@aol.com</A>

------------------
Len Testa
Mary S

Post by Mary S »

Firstly, I would like to thank Van-sensei for allowing us to participate in his TC session Monday evening. For me it was the highlight of my trip and once again I was overwhelmed by his display of power. I also want to thank you Van for your kind words...they inspire me to continue the Uechi journey. Secondly, I would like to thank Len for the use of his dojo for this incredible event. Len if you are ever up our way, please allow us to return the hospitality!!! Thirdly, to all the old and new friends I met this weekend, thank you. You also are an inspiration and make me feel as though I belong to an amazing international family. To those people who fed us, laughed with us and learned with us, thank you...you made us feel like we were very welcome and the warmth you displayed was a delight. Finally I would like to thank Peter and Nancy Blackman who "housed" us while we were in the area. You are both two of the nicest people I have ever met and the friendship you displayed is second to none!!

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”