Summer Camp

"OldFist" is the new and official Forum Arbitrator. "I plan to do a straight forward job of moderating, just upholding the mission statement of the forums, trying to make sure that everyone is courteous, and that no one is rudely intimidated by anyone else."

Moderator: gmattson

LenTesta

Summer Camp

Post by LenTesta »

Another summer camp has come and gone.

If you missed this one I am very sorry for you!

The talent was the best I have ever seen in one place.

Thanks to all the Instructors who's seminars that I attended, and those who I have been unfortunate to miss. You are all excellant teachers in Uechi-ryu and/or in other styles. I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted a peice of everything. So much to chose from and so little time.

The list of Instructors who's seminars that I had the pleasure of attending are:

Mike Aceto, Gary Khoury, Roy Bedard, Manny Neves, David Mott, Joe Pomfret and Josh Wiseman (attended once and observed once with help from Steve Diorio offering to be my uchi...Thanks very much Steve it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife), Robert Bethoney, Evan Pantazi, Jack Summers(observed), and Tony Blauer.

Congratulations to Ed Huff, Bruce Witheral,
Duncan Mcleod, (and Bill Glasheen's student
Irabasi, I think...Help me on this Bill if you please!) for their promotions. All the candidates were great.

The Demonstrations were excellant and the contestants (Kevin Mackie was one) who had no prior training in the "kill shot" tournament were very brave to step in there and give it their all.

I was very fortunate to meet some of the people who have contributed to this great website and these wonderful forums. (I hope I don't exclude anybody and if I do I am truly sorry) Here is an attempt at a list.

Moderators; Lori L, Bill Glasheen, Mike Murphy, Evan Pantazi, Gary Khoury, and Raffi Dederian.

The Canadians; Lori MD and Foster, Mary S, Peter, Duncan Mcleod, Marcie, Sanjie (SP?) and Ron Fagan.
Also; Vladimir, Jake Steinmann, Tony Blauer, and Roy Bedard.

I have made many new friends and reaquanted my self with many old friends.

I can't wait for Summer of 2001 so I can attend camp and maybe teach a seminar myself. Also to get to seminars I missed by Bill Glasheen, Jim Maloney, Art Rabesa, Jack Summers, David Elkins, Al Wharton, Clarence Wilder and the many others that made this the best Martial Arts Festival ever.

------------------
Len Testa
LenTesta

Summer Camp

Post by LenTesta »

I posted some of the Summer Camp Photos that I took on my website.

Visit this link to view them:
Summer Camp 2000 Photos

------------------
Len Testa
gmattson
Site Admin

Summer Camp

Post by gmattson »

Great shots Len. I'll post a link from my camp photo section to yours.

Best,
George
LenTesta

Summer Camp

Post by LenTesta »

Sensei:

That is great Idea. This way you do not have to pick up the pictures and edit and post them. Hope I saved you some work!

------------------
Len Testa
gmattson
Site Admin

Summer Camp

Post by gmattson »

Just created another link. The first one I placed in the 'header' and for some reason or other, remained hidden to MS Explorer. I replaced the link in the Footer, which works.

------------------
GEM

Return to “Verbal Self Defense”