Jimmy Pedro

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
gjkhoury

Jimmy Pedro

Post by gjkhoury »

Mike-sensei:

I'm sure word is already out on the street, but our hometown hero, Jimmy Pedro, was unsuccessful in his bid for Olympic Gold.

Let's all take a moment to recognize Jimmy's courage and spirit, however! For more than a decade he has been where most of us can't even dream to go!

A true martial arts SUPERSTAR!!

Gary
mikemurphy

Jimmy Pedro

Post by mikemurphy »

Gary,

True enough. A tremendous effort by the hometown boy. I wish him luck and good fortune in the near future as he is retiring from competition from what I am told.

A true champion indeed!!!

mike
rich_simons

Jimmy Pedro

Post by rich_simons »

It is too bad that judo received media coverage (here in Boston anyway) only after he lost.

Given the popularity of both boxing and professional wrestling, it is suprising that judo, and tae kwon do for that matter, received very little attention in the Olympics.

Rich
david

Jimmy Pedro

Post by david »

According to the report in the Herald, Pedro was on a roll in his attempt for the Bronze in the "reparge" rounds. He was beating his opponents with ippons with increasing speed, until that last round...

Hey, He won a bronze in the past Olympics and the gold in the world championship. Everyone has an off day. Unfortunately, his lapse came in the games. Still, he's proven his heart, spirit and skill. A bow to him.

david

[This message has been edited by david (edited September 19, 2000).]

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”