Next Event???

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

With all the new and exciting stuff that Joe Pomfret has graciously been teaching, it might be time to add to our curriculum once more.

How about a seminar on effective throws (nage waza) that could be easily used in real situations and used with the stuff we learned in last Saturday's seminar? Think you could do it?

Let me know. If there is enough interest, I'll set up a time and place!

mike
david

Next Event???

Post by david »

Mike,

DO IT!

david
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

Joe,

Are we suddenly going Greek :-) Personally, I don't have the body for it.

Anyway, I would like to practice it with gis and without (if people could wear t-shirts underneath. In that way, we could get a realistic approach to people who may be wearing coats or collared shirts, and then people who are wearing tshirts.

Would that be ok?

mike
Joe Sullivan

Next Event???

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Joe P

Could we practice throws and takedowns with no Gi?

Summer is coming.
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

So, other than David and Joe (as well as some in the silent majority) is no one interested in a seminar of this type???

mike
RA Miller

Next Event???

Post by RA Miller »

Mike,

Of course I'm interested. Y'all just happen to live on the wrong coast.

Rory
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

Rory,

What's this "wrong coast" BS. You, sir, live on the wrong coast (we were here first). :-)

BTW, what's this "ya'll" thing???

mike
Joe Sullivan

Next Event???

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Mike,

I will try to make it. I am taking my fifth grade class on a Saturday field trip on that day to the Moose Hill Animal Sanctuary for a class on Native American culture and traditions.

I will try my best though.

Joe P.
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

Well folks, Lenny T. has graciously volunteered his dojo and nice new mats to us for a seminar on throwing in a grappling situation. You up for it???? Those of you who think that everything happens on the ground only have it half right.

Come down on May 5th. 2-4:30 in the afternoon and learn as many simple throws I can fit into the time and couple it up with the great stuff that Joe P is teaching us!!

More to come!!

mike
student

Next Event???

Post by student »

As a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (and a former jujutsu-ka - but do any of us ever retire? Image) I believe I have standing to answer Mike:

Northern American English lacks a precise delineation between the second person singular and second person plural. Image

Southern American English does not. Image

Second person singular=you.

Second person plural=y'all.

And I find it fascinating that the Spell Checker recognized 'y'all" as a word....

Y'all train hard and stay safe, y'hear?

Col. student,
HOKC Image
Steve

Next Event???

Post by Steve »

mike - you know that I would normally be there, but the date and time conflicts with Panther's uechi-ryu day at the range. I've already committed to Panther, as have many others, and plan to be popping caps at inanimate objects on 5 May. Unless, of course, the inanimate objects begin shooting back Image

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu

[This message has been edited by Steve (edited April 22, 2001).]
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that you will not be able to attend. I plan on having a great seminar :-)

I did check the calender before and saw Panther's event, but thought nothing of it as it was not a "Uechi" thing, and it was by invitation only, so I figured only select people would be going to it (no offense Panther).

Regardless, we will be having the seminar anyway, and if only Lenny's and my students show up, then we'll be the only one's getting the training (you too Dave!!)!

How about the rest of you out there, not ready to fall yet???? This seminar is for EVERYONE, not just the blackbelts!

Tracy sensei,

You coming???

mike
T Rose

Next Event???

Post by T Rose »

I'll try to make it... don't know if I can take 2.5 hr of getting slammed on the mat... I would love to improve my throws.
mikemurphy

Next Event???

Post by mikemurphy »

Tracy sensei, Steve, Joe and everyone else,

Houston we have a problem!! We just found out that the other scheduled event for the 5th was going to cause a dilemma for quite a few people who wanted to attend (Van sensei included), so Lenny and I decided to move the seminar to the 12th. Hopefully that will not conflict with anyone.

Let me know if that is a problem.

Tracy sensei,

If done correctly for training, I don't think anyone is going to be continuously thrown on their back. Hopfully, you'll have your chance to throw someone too :-)

Hope to see you there,

mike
Van Canna

Next Event???

Post by Van Canna »

Just for your information guys,and girls, the shooting event is not by invitation only.

Everyone who owns a firearm and wants to learn safety with it, as well as having some fun, is welcome. Image

------------------
Van Canna

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”