bb test

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
mikemurphy

bb test

Post by mikemurphy »

It's been a busy few weeks at the dojo, karate as well as jujitsu. Summer slow downs, prepping for the rape awareness seminar (hope all you women can join me), and of course, anticipating the summer camp with George sensei and the rest. So, you can see why I haven't had the chance to post much lately (except for Panther's forum...whew!)

Anyway, I had the opportunity to test four of my students last week for their Shodan in Nihon Jujitsu. What a great experience! Those of you who have had the opportunity to test your own students for a black belt level know what I'm talking about. This is certainly not the first time as I have been doing it quite a few years; however, the feeling never changes.

The best thing about the jujitsu test is that it always changes. Nihon Jujitsu is a relatively new art created by the old standards (etc., etc.,), so the testing protocol is not set in stone. I've been tested differently each time, and my students have been as well by me. I guess the reason for changing the test each time is that I'm looking for the best possible way to get them to show me what they know. It'll get here eventually I'm sure. Hell, all I have is time!

But I just wanted to say how proud I am of my new shodans in Jujitsu and how much I am looking forward to working with them in the future.

mike
Steve

bb test

Post by Steve »

Hi mike - congratulation's on birthing four more BB's! BTW, who passed? Best regards, Steve

------------------
D. Steven White
swhite@umassd.edu
mikemurphy

bb test

Post by mikemurphy »

steve,

Those who passed their shodan test were:

Norman Abrahamson
Eugene Griffin
Ed Fowler
Reggie Butler

Hope to see you back up soon dude!

mike
AlanL

bb test

Post by AlanL »

Mike sensei,

Congratulations to you and your students!

See you soon at camp.

Alan Lowell
student

bb test

Post by student »

Mazal Tov to you and to them!

student
LenTesta

bb test

Post by LenTesta »

Congratulations to you and your students Mike.

No wonder I could not move Eugene with the shoken screw movement you showed us at the BUKA Throwing Seminar.

I will have to be more carefull when doing randori with Norm and Eugene next time. Image

------------------
Len
Van Canna

bb test

Post by Van Canna »

Mike,

My congratulations. Those guys are extremely well rounded.

------------------
Van Canna
f.Channell

bb test

Post by f.Channell »

Congratulations, I think i've trained a little with some of those guys. I'm sure theres more students behind them as well.
fred

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”