Camp\grappling

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
Joe Sullivan

Camp\grappling

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Joe P. here

Well, it’s official. Uechi practitioners see the value in adding ground techniques to their arsenals. I only had the opportunity to teach two seminars, but the energy and motivation levels were amazing.

I did not have an agenda of positions, escapes, and submissions to cover, instead, I asked those attending to please challenge me with questions. Challenged I was. Expectedly, these questions were:
Mount escape
Taking the back
to the rear naked choke
Side mount and escape
Submission from the side mount (kimura)

All were covered as in depth as our allotted time would allow. I consolidated all questions into a series of movements that could be taken back to the dojo and practiced. “If you all file these techniques, thinking you own them, and not practice…I’m going to be angry!” I said. Hopefully, the students were given something to shape and explore, so that those techniques will not simply be new tricks to be forgotten, but a real skill that will be applicable if necessary.

To all of my “grass-stained” friends; Great job. You were hot and tired but still never gave less than 100% effort. Practice! There will be a quiz next summer.

Joe Pomfret
Malcolm Wagner

Camp\grappling

Post by Malcolm Wagner »

"To all of my “grass-stained” friends; Great job"

Hey Joe, might think about making some money selling green kimonos;-)---whatcha think?

Mal
Joe Sullivan

Camp\grappling

Post by Joe Sullivan »

Sure! Instead, I have no problem with students taking my seminar in shorts and Ts.
mikemurphy

Camp\grappling

Post by mikemurphy »

Joe,

Once again, I am deprived of the opportunity to attend one of your seminars. Where were you on Friday???? Anyway, thanks for making the effort to help my students. They get so much from working with you.

Your the greatest! (even if you woussed out on Saturday night):-)
LenTesta

Camp\grappling

Post by LenTesta »

Whatta ya mean he wussed out Sat nite.

While we were outside the cafeteria, Joe snuck up and got me in a rear naked choke.

I had a beer in my hand at the time so I did not defend. Image Then Joe said, "its all about the beer." Image

Even if I didn't have a beer in my hand I probably could'nt have defended anyway.

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”