top dog

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
mikemurphy

top dog

Post by mikemurphy »

Just a question out there for all the different Jujitsu/grappling arts who swing by the forum.

Who is the grandmaster of your particular style, and how much influence does he still have on your art as you practice it today?

thanks,

mike
RA Miller

top dog

Post by RA Miller »

Mike-
The Shihan of Sosui****su-ryu is Monzo ****ama of Fukuoka. He's a construction worker and teaches judo.

Most of that was eaten up by the profanity checker, probably.

(Alternate spellings follow)
Sosuishi-ryu is the family style of the Shiitamas, handed down father to son (or son in law) since 1650. To an extent, Shiitama-sensei defines the style. In feudal form, he has total authority on doctrine and legitimacy. I've never heard of him exercising it- the political infighting and crap seems to be limited to the NY faction.

Rory
Troll Under the Bridge

top dog

Post by Troll Under the Bridge »

I am not really sure to be honest. My instructors are Webb, Markel, Sanner, Howard, Dawson, Roske, and Woodcock.

All except Sensei Woodcock train in Richland.
mikemurphy

top dog

Post by mikemurphy »

No one else here would like to put down their lineage?? This query is just for curiosity; no one is passing any judgement on your style, etc.

Thanks,

mike
Michael L.E. Court

Post by Michael L.E. Court »

I dont train in just one style ... I dont believe in just one style. I respect all ... and have cross-trained very diligently on my own with many different people and groups.

The person that got me started on my own path ? I would have to say two people ... my father and my uncle.

My father 'instilled' certain things with me when I was younger. His experience ? Vietnam Marine ... Recon/grunt who is a true warrior. I respect him greatly for many reasons, even though he was not with me for many years ... but thats another story.

My uncle got me started with Hapkido, my uncle was a 'Frogman' in the SEALS.

Two prominent figures in my youth that I aspired towards ...

The rest is my own path ...

Humbly,
Michael

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”