Kennedy's Cousin to be tried as adult???

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

John Moxley was 17 in '75 when his little sister was found bludgeoned to death outside their home. Should John be tried as an adult 25 years later?

What about the 13-14 (?) year old black boy who recently was tried as an adult and convicted of murder?

Tough issues. What do you all think about these two situations?

------------------
GEM
Ian

Post by Ian »

The kid should have been tried as a kid because he was a little boy mentally at the time he committed the crime and the time he was tried. I heard he sat through the case apparently taking notes but actually drawing pictures. On TV, he did not appear to have the intellectual capacity for understanding the seriousness of what he did or interacting with his attorney as an adult.

The Kennedy should be tried as an adult because 1) a significant portion of his crime (if he did it) has been his adult-life concealment of his childhood act; and 2) he has the capacity to go through the trial and sentance as an adult would.

If the jury wanted to take his age, and the difficulty coming forward in later years, into account when assigning a penalty, that'd be another matter and one I couldn't comment on without hearing the evidence and testimony.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

I agree with you Ian. I thought the recent case was not the same as the Kennedy crime.

Return to “Realist Training”