Dragon Fire

A forum dedicated to the creative expressions, inspirations, hopes and dreams of fellow Karateka.
Jackie Olsen

Dragon Fire

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thoughts on the Way of the Tiger, Crane & Dragon...

In many systems, the dragon symbolizes the adept or initiate to the "way." It embodies the life force energy of the universe and bestowed the gift of enlightenment upon the most worthy. As a flying serpent, the dragon also symbolized the qualities of earth and air, endowed with superior powers of wisdom, skill and authority that protected the Chinese empire.

It also represented Heaven... the Supreme Deity. With it's undulating movement, like that of a serpent, it siginified the Rhythm of the Universe and the principle of the Tao itself.

It is said that the Master becomes a living alchemist, transmuting energy with sacred power of breath which becomes fire. This fire comes from within and transform into living spirit. The dragon incarnates as the Master utilizes the Ki energy which is mysterious to the uninformed.

At this moment, the Master "dances with the dragon."

------------------
In Beauty,

Jackie
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

Jackie- Beautiful! Have you read the book- "Dancing with Dragons"?

Very into them myself-

K-
(Kerry Morgan NH Uechi-4 yrs)
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thanks, Kerry ...

No, I'm not familiar with Dancing With Dragons. Sounds like something I should look for (or perhaps place on my Holiday Wish List!). Can't think of the name, but did you see that Dennis Quaid Movie with the Dragon?

Jackie
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

LOL
That would be DragonHeart yes I saw it- and the second one too- second one sucked though. Reign of Fire was pretty cool- but the Dragons were bad guys..

K-
KerryM

Post by KerryM »

Dancing with Dragons was written by D.J. Conway and a book you might find in a store like mine- :)

K
Jackie Olsen

Post by Jackie Olsen »

Thanks, Kerry,

I'll look for it!

Return to “Creative Heart & Soul Forum”