Workout plan before beginning

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

AtlMagic

Workout plan before beginning

Post by AtlMagic »

I am interested in starting a martial arts program. I found the style I'd like and a location that fits. I've talked to the folks there folks and am comfortable with them.

My question is: what kind of exercise program should I start before getting into this. The art is Aikido and I have Crohns Disease. I had 1/3 of my intestines removed 2 years ago. All things concidered, I'm doing pretty well. I have to eat smaller meals many times a day. I MUST be close to a bathroom (nuff said). I sometimes suffer from an energy drain. But if I plan on doing something I can eat to get ready.

What should I do to make sure I'm in shape to start training? I've hurt myself enough over the years jumping into something with out proper prep.
Bill B.

Starting training

Post by Bill B. »

Sorry it's been so long for a response. I for one am not qualified to answer your question. My suggestion would be to talk to your doctor about this. As you said, you have jumped into things too soon before. All injuries and/or diseases are different. I have learned to cope with mine and live with my limitations. You need professional advice and I hope you get it before starting any martial arts training. Good luck.
Bill

Return to “Special Needs”