new email address

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Van Canna

new email address

Post by Van Canna »

lots of us have been touched by the change from ATT to Comcast.

What changes do we need to implement as moderators to our preferences etal?
Van
Ted Suzman
Site Admin

Post by Ted Suzman »

I changed from attbi to comcast as well.

youremailaddress@attbi.com will be forwarded to youremailaddress@comcast.net for 4 years, so, sometime during that period, change the email address in your profile to the @comcast.net one.

Other than that, you're all set.

Ted
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I wish comcast would get their act together. My outgoing email has been very spotty yesterday and today. Now it's "can't find server SMTP.comcast.net". :evil:

Update: Been on the "ive support" line for 30 minutes and have gone from 399 in the queue to 341. What do you suppose the chances of ever getting support are? It's not like I use the email for anything important like trying to make a friggin living! DOPES! And, now the pop3 server can't be found!!!

One thing I did do is download their free one year McAffee firewall. If you don't have something like that, you won't believe all the stuff that tries to access your machine if it's running broadband constantly.
Ted Suzman
Site Admin

Post by Ted Suzman »

Yeah, my email with comcast has been really unreliable as well.

I guess the company is too big to care about individual customers :(

You can try visiting http://comcast.net, logging into the page, and clicking "mail" on the left-hand menu. It should work when you can't get to your email other ways.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”