Camp Memories

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

Norm Abrahamson

Camp Memories

Post by Norm Abrahamson »

Camp Stories

What did you see or hear at the Summer Camp that stuck with you? The most inspiring thing I witnessed was Sensei Finklestein’s Sanchin. After hearing the list of three joint replacements and other ailments and seeing his humble demeanor, I didn’t expect to see the strength and “glare in the eye” that he demonstrated in his Kata. It was an honor to witness.

Another moment that stuck out for me was when George Mattson introduced Walter Mattson on Saturday. My 12 year old son turned to me and asked, “Is that man George Mattson’s father?”

What are your memories?

Norm Abrahamson
Alan K

Post by Alan K »

Norm,

You will have to counsel your son in the secret ethics of Uechi Ryu because it has been a closely guarded secret that Walter Mattson is George's father.

I did not see you in Summer Camp; I suppose it is because I never met you.

Next year just look for the oldest guy there ( except for Widsong Blake) and it will be me.

Regards,

Alan K
"The Goddess of Justice is Blind"
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

And all these years, Alan, I thought they were twin brothers. You really burst my bubble. :sleeping:

Well anyway, two of Uechi-ryu's finest have the same last name: George and Walter. :!:
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
gmattson
Site Admin

Please

Post by gmattson »

Don't anyone say anything to Walter...
He'll never play golf with me again....

:)

George (the son)
Paul Watkins

Post by Paul Watkins »

San Chin by the sea was Great!! The performance by the students after the awards Sat. night was fantastic. Thanks to the Sensei from NY who was teaching the slime-ing technique.
pw

Return to “Fests_News”