Back at the Top

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
JDeLuca

Back at the Top

Post by JDeLuca »

Judo's Jimmy Pedro has made the most of his comeback this past week with a win in the Korean Open. No small feat considering he beat the current world champ in his weight class!

PS He also beat the guy that upset him in the last olympic games.
Jim Deluca
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Jim,
I saw he was ranked #1 now in the U.S.
I imagine he's back on the Olympic team, I,m not sure how that is decided.
I just came from Judo and a guy fractured his big toe badly.
I almost busted my thumb.
One tough ass art man.
Love it.
Fred
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
JDeLuca

Post by JDeLuca »

Fred

I believe that Olympic team spots are now decided on a point system that encourage participation in international competitions. Jim's rise to #1 in the US was just a matter of time. I neglected to mention that Alex Ottiano one of Jimmys' students and training partners placed third in the Korean open.

As far as judo being tough ass art...you got that right. One of my favorite quotes from Jimmy P occured when he was renting space from a kung fu school. The kungfu instructor noticed some rough looking characters checking out the classes, he later approached Jim on how he planned on dealing with any not-so-nice guys.

Jim's reply was simply "we invite them on the mat".

PS Fred. We still have a group of people training on sundays 9:30am you are welcome to join us anytime. We are now at Salem Self Defense in Salem NH one of GKs schools (located on rte 28 in the Chilies Plaza)
Jim Deluca
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Jim,
Thanks for the invite. That's a long drive for me from the south shore but I'll try to make it.
How is Jimmy's brother doing in competition?
Theres some very talented sambo guys from Russia down here teaching every 2nd or 3rd thursday if you can make it down.
Fred
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”