Don Brown, Sensei

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

gmattson
Site Admin

Don Brown, Sensei

Post by gmattson »

is in the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure. He will be taken off his respirator tomorrow and the doctors say he probably won't last a half hour. In spite of his known health condition, Don attended last month's Uechi/Kyusho seminar.

Talk about dedication and "heart".

So many others were too busy to attend or felt that the fee was too much. For Don, Uechi-ryu was a very important part of his life and helped him through the tough times during the past couple of years. He kept working out and teaching until his body simply shut-down.

We hope for a miracle. . .

I'll be at the Stow dojo tomorrow (Saturday) teaching classes from 8:30 - 12:30 for Pat. (Who will be at the hospital with Don)

If anyone is in the area and wants to join me, please bring your GI and we will do a Sanchin for Don.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Van Canna

A time for crying

Post by Van Canna »

Terrible bit of news. Don Brown has been a torch lighting the way of Uechi for many splendid years.

And now the end is near.

Life really is not much more than a “look out the window”

Lets all join in with fervent prayers for a miracle.
:cry:
Van
jaybo

Post by jaybo »

I'm a total stranger among friends here but anyone with that much get up and go deserves all the positive energy that can be directed at them.

My prayers to him, his family and for a miracle.

jaybo
gmattson
Site Admin

RIP Don Brown..

Post by gmattson »

I just heard from Pat Saunders, that Don passed on Sunday evening around 5:30PM.

I'll publish funeral arrangements as soon as they become available.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Terrible news indeed. My heart goes to family and friends. :cry:
Van

Post by Guest »

We are all sadden by this terrible loss. Goodbye Don, my friend, you will be missed by all.

Fedele's Karate Academy
GSantaniello

Post by GSantaniello »

To all,

My deepest condolences to family and friends. As a very dedicated member of I.U.K.F. officials and Uechiryu Karate i am sure that he will be missed by many.

Sincerely,

Gary S.
S DiOrio

Goodbye Good Friend

Post by S DiOrio »

Don Brown is one of the most courageous men I’ve ever known.

I will miss him.
Steve
Alan K

Don's Passing

Post by Alan K »

Don was not only a credit to Uechi Ryu; he was a true gentleman and a great conversationalist, who could always make you feel like you were truly talking to a friend; his passing provokes a profound sadness to all who knew him.

My condolences to Pat.

Alan Kunian
"The Goddess of Justice is Blind"

Post by Guest »

I am deeply saddened to hear about Don's passing. His smile and joy of life will be missed by all.

I extend my sympathies to his family, friends and especially Pat. He will be remembered in my prayers.
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Our sincere condolences to Don's family from Art Rabesa, Bill Bauknecht, Toni West and all the Falmouth Uechi students. Don will be in our prayers, may he rest in peace.
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Guest »

RIP
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raffi Derderian

Post by Raffi Derderian »

Susan and I extend our deepest sympathies to the Brown family.
I didn't know Don really well at all. I do have one fond memory though. At summer camp last year I showed up for 6:00 am Sanchin and Sensei had us do an "in your face" Sanchin. Don was in my group and made no excuses for his health condition. He just did his Sanchin while we all hit him. I developed an instant respect for him at that moment.
Rest in Peace, my friend.
Raffi
Len Testa

Post by Len Testa »

From all of us at the BUKA we give our sincere condolences and our deepest sympathy for Don's family, friends, students and partner Pat.

I was saddended to hear that Don was not coming to officiate at the Mass Challenge due to his hospitalization. He told Jay Sal that he still wanted to get out in time to show up and be there for the kids. That was the kind of man that Don was.

He will be missed but not forgotten.

Len Testa
harry

Goodbye Don...

Post by harry »

Condolences to Don's family and friends from Suzanne Nathan and Harry Skeffington.

I have known Don for only five years. In that short time, I have observed Don as a gentle giant who treated students, teachers and everyone he came in contact with respect and kindness. (Even to his dog that ate his socks regularly.) His dedication to studying and teaching Uechi-ryu is an inspiration and we will miss him greatly.

Our condolences also go out to Pat Saunders and the students at Stow Martial Arts. Although Don may not be with us anymore his spirit and memories of him will remain.

Goodbye Don, my friend and fellow martial artist.

Harry Skeffington & Suzanne Nathan

Return to “Special Needs”