forum to date

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

Re: forum to date--Issues?

Post by Art Rabesa »

I've been toying with the thought of bringing out some issue's of discussion. Handling a forum can be time consuming. It certainly helps to have viewers post their thoughts and opinions on certain topics. Van and Bill do a good job with this on their forums. At times, I'll add my two cents to a particular issue. I think the issues brought up are relevant and interesting. I view them constantly. I'm of the "if it's not broke don't fix it" philosophy. I couldn't add anything to highlight any social issue. I have thoughts and opinions on the issues I view, like everyone else. I see the comments of others and think it's very good for martial arts in general. It's a good thing. I've been asked to discuss some issues we see in the news and in society. That's not really why I have this forum. These issues are covered excellently by Van and Bill. I simply could not add to their coverage. I learn things from reading all the posts coming in. Even opinions I disagree with tend to be very interesting. So that is my reason for sticking to what I'm comfortable with on this forum. That is Uechi Ryu. That tends to be my answer as to why I do not delve into more social issues. It is handled very expertly by Van and Bill. They have been doing it for many years and doing it well. I'm still the new kid on the block when it comes to moderating a forum. Therefore, I do know my place. My place is to try to help make Uechi Ryu stronger. That's what I do. I hope I'm succeeding. -------Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: forum to date --forums future

Post by Art Rabesa »

I often wonder about the outreach of the Uechi-Ryu .com forums. There are other venues to use in reaching viewers. Maybe venues that reach more people. In the marketing world, it probably makes more sense to use the method that will bring you the best results. If this was a business. However, the forums here are based solely on those viewers wanting concentrated topics. The topics are varied. They range from social issues - psychological issues - self defense issues - academic issues - common sense issues - dojo issues- and Uechi Ryu. Keeping this in mind, these forums serve a major purpose. That purpose is to bring the issues that many of us have on our minds to others. I think that's a good way to get things done. To further Uechi Ryu making it stronger. A better understanding of this great style. I'll stick with this arena. Those that want a concentrated look will click on Uechi Ryu.com. Others will drift off to la la land. -----Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Re: forum to date

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Art,

Good job with the forum...lots of work and discipline, like martial arts practice.

But do me a favor...I am not a grand master of anything...just a senior student always willing to learn something I find useful...

But you are right about lots of eyes looking...

Van
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

YUP ME TOO
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: forum to date--Warehouse

Post by Art Rabesa »

As of this date, there are 65 video lessons posted on U Tube. Go to U Tube and type in Art Rabesa. I try to add a new video lesson every few weeks. Point being ---------some of these videos will appear on this forum more than once. Because there are issues in the training that flow into these videos. Sometimes I have to use a video to bring out a point. I'll do that even if that video has been posted in the past. These videos are my Uechi Ryu warehouse. I shop around to see if there is a video that can help me make a point. If I can not find one, I'll make one. I wanted the viewers to know this. So if you see a video that has been posted in the past, it was used for a different issue. I continue to store these video lessons in my Uechi Ryu warehouse. I never know when I'm going to need one.-------Happy Trails-------Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

I've been working on the sequel to "Child Of War". This has not left me with much time to post any topics on my forum. I'll get back on track in awhile. I do have more video lessons planned. Stay tuned. ----Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

Been very busy writing the sequel to "Child Of War". I haven't made a video lesson in awhile either. Getting ready for the Uechi Ryu summer camp in a few weeks. Still have lots to say concerning the practice of Uechi Ryu and martial arts in general. Hope to get back to it when I finish everything on my plate right now. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the summer. See ya. --------Happy Trails-------Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: forum to date: Still around

Post by Art Rabesa »

I have attempted to do instructional video's pertaining to the Uechi Ryu curriculum. They are all on you tube under my name. This forum has been quite for a while now. Since I posted topics mainly concentrating on Uechi Ryu, topics have become hard to find. I have become very low - key. My awareness and personal training have remained the same however. I'd like everyone to know this fact. I won't be around much anymore, but I'm still down here in Falmouth practicing Uechi Ryu. After all---Uechi Ryu always requires practice.
This little post will no doubt mean nothing to most, but I thought I'd toss it in as a quick blurb. For those who might fall upon this announcement, I wish you good training and accomplishment. Carry on my friends.
Happy Trails -------Art
Art Rabesa
JG Bellone

Post by JG Bellone »

Art Sensei,

Thank you for creating your YouTube channel. I watch and enjoy your video's very much.
Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

sincerely,
Joe
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Testing Art's moderator access.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”