double thrust power

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Maurice Soque

Re: double thrust power

Post by Maurice Soque »

I like the analogy you use imagining your hands are connected by an imaginary rope about 12+ inches long. Both of your hands are always close together because of the rope. Then that same concept is used with your feet in your shuffling Training drill you did at Tracy Rose's dojo found on your web site.

Maurice
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

The best way of illustrating the importance of double thrust power is to show it. This does not mean that you always thrust with both hands. It refers to taking both hands into the strike ( block ). It allows you to keep that strike on target for a series of strikes. When close, this is a must. Watch the non-striking hand here. It actually aids the striking hand in the delivery. Work the heavy bag or Bob for this training. When you get the mechanics of this, you will notice the difference in your striking ability. --------Happy Trails -----Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdgA6LS ... e=youtu.be
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyZedk8-ww
I'm working some close quarter strikes on the heavy bag. I can not do anything that does not involve both hands working together. Here is an example of tight strikes involving both hands. As I've mentioned before, the non striking hand plays a big role in striking. I need to bring the large muscles into play from the power base. That's the only way you're going to be able to hit hard from real close. Having both hands working together gets this done. I can't think of any strike where I do not involve both hands. Any block either. These strikes are hitting very hard even though they are real tight. A good example of "Double Thrust Power". Have a look. -------Happy Trails ------Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbG51NXysUk
I'm making lots of reference to the double thrust power in this fighting seminar. Always referring to the non striking hand upon strike delivery. This is especially true when striking off the front leg. There is more explosion coming off that front side. That big bang comes very fast off the front foot. Right foot forward - right hand strike. Same on the left side. This is especially true when you come off the leg thrust - same side hand strike. Double thrust hand position enables you to really unload a great amount of explosive power into the strike. I do go on and on about the position your hands are in. I apologize for that --but you just might learn something if you watch and listen. I do hope so.-----Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”