pressure points

. . . creating balance in your life through the use of food, herbs and the art of oriental medicine

Moderator: robb buckland

Bill Glasheen

pressure points

Post by Bill Glasheen »

TSDGuy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
put less emphasis on solo training
Perhaps this would resolve the problem of badly calloused hands.

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

pressure points

Post by gmattson »

Dr. Kelly:

Welcome to the forums. Although I believe that basic pressure point strikes are effective, I am very skeptical of many of the kyusho multiple touch strikes, not involving one of Bruce Siddle's well known points.

I don't want to be told to "just let someone try it out on you" in order to validate a kyusho strike, since I'm very susceptible to suggestion.

Bill Glasheen and J.D. Morenski did an excellent job testing "Empty Energy" with a double blind test conducted at our annual SummerFest (Camp). This year I am encouraging Bill to try and put together a similar type of test for Kyusho. This will be more difficult, but Bill and I have been working on something that might work.

Is there any possibility that you can join us on Cape Cod for a couple days and work with us on this test? (Aug 9-11)

------------------
GEM
M. Kelly

pressure points

Post by M. Kelly »

Sensei Mattson,
I would be honored to be involved. I am not sure about my responsibilities at the hospital though. I will check the dates and get back to you.

Where can I find the empty energy test? I would be really interested in reading it.
budomaster

pressure points

Post by budomaster »

Dr Kelly,
I found the references on vagal arrest useful. Thank you.

I too would be interested in reading about the empty force test. Where can I find it.

pressure points

Post by Guest »

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/an_empty_force.htm

click on the articles button instead of the forums button. Lots of interesting stuff there too!

Laird

pressure points

Post by Guest »

Bill Glasheen

pressure points

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I received Dr. Kelly's book last night; I'll comment soon.

After having reviewed the book for about an hour in the post office, I do have some ideas about a test or two. Nothing ambitious...just a demonstration of physical process. We shall see. Image

I will reserve my commentary on the book for a new thread. This one's reaching critical mass.

- Bill

Return to “Ancient Health Wisdom for Modern Times”